Weird stuff with the ping indicator

I was in a game when all of a sudden, that bad ping indicator popped in the corner, when I checked (ESC), it was not me that was having a bad ping but another survivor, mine was 50/60ms, I was still laggy AF. Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBzfWl3DeV4


Can someone clarify what's happening please?!

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Wierd stuff,

    The killer also teleported at least 3 times during that chase...

    I hardly notice the ping indicator, even if I do, I can't stop during a chase to look at my ping or other's. My theory is, the SERVER detected the high ping player and gave everyone the ping indicator. Wierd how it also effects the trapper, I would love to see the killer's ping, especially during these kind of situations, even though we asked for that a million times...

    What bothers me is the trapper teleporing, can one player cause high instability in the server? or was the killer having ping problems, in these kind of situations we NEED to see killer ping devs....

    I asked for the killer's ping so many times to no avail. One guy has a bad ping and the experience is ruined for everyone.