How To Change Up The Meta

Wanted to throw some ideas around to change up the meta from what it has been for like... 3 years now. Each perk being changed roughly so they don't provide massive power for little effort.

NOED- When all gens are powered all remaining dull totems on the map light up, each being 1 token of NOED. Hitting someone instantly puts them into the dying state, and destroys 1 random totem. Once all totems are gone, the perk deactivates. Gives people an incentive to cleanse all totems without punishing them for missing that one hiding really really well.

Decisive Strike: I have 2 possible changes

1) Make it a true anti tunnel perk, once someone else is hooked anyone with DS active has it deactivate.

2) Add a chase requirement to have the perk activate. So you must be in chase with the killer for X amount of time, then the perk activates, next time you are saved 60 second timer or 90 second for a bit of compensation. This adds a requirement to have it activate like deliverance so it rewards good game play and punishes poor game play. |

Unbreakable: Same treatment to DS add a requirement

Repair generators for x amount of seconds to have the perk activate, you can recover faster and pick yourself up 1 time. Rewards doing the objective with a power that is definitely underrated in most people's books. Whole entire games can be won or lost if someone has unbreakable, so the perk should reflect that amount of power. If the killer can properly pressure gens, get their downs, and overall be a good killer they can prevent this from being used. Likewise a good survivor will play carefully and make sure they can get the perk activated before the end game where things start to get crazy.

I was gonna think of a change to dead hard, but the perk is so unreliable right now I doubt it needs changing.

Here is a list of garbage perks with little to no use that need some major overhaul to. Also, I would love to have these perks overbuffed to the point of being super powered, just so they can see use, then be toned down from there. It would make the game way less stale.

Sole Survivor, Street wise, WGLF (just give the perk an effect), All Quentin perks, Buckle up, Lucky Break, Boil Over

Predator, light born, Play with your food, Overwhelming presence, All huntress perks, Fire up, Coulrophobia, Iron Maiden, Furtive Chase, All demogorgon perks, (debatabily) Blood echo, Gear head, Deadman's switch, All of pyramid heads perks.

Lightweight, Premonition, Slippery meat, and lastly and what I deem the perk in most need of a complete rework:

Monstrous Shrine

please if you takeaway anything from this post, get the word out that Monstrous Shrine needs some love, actually it needs all the love. I want the perk to be meta.

(also if you use any of the perks I mentioned that were garbage that is 100% ok, no one will judge you for it. I just want them to be more than a few players using them for specific builds/meme.)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • For what it's worth, I know for a fact that the balance team are very much aware that Monstrous Shrine is garbage, and I'm pretty sure it's on their list of underwhelming perks they want to do something about in the future.

  • The best suggestion of monstrous shrine that i ever saw was that survivors are under effect of a status condition while in the basement

    Exposed or exhausted would probably be a bit too strong but something like oblivious and blinded or something