When the killer really wants your item

I was playing a match with a map/aura build (Open Handed, Bond, Kindred, and Detective's Hunch with Rainbow Map + Crystal Bead and Jelly) and I brought a white ward because I was running out of maps.

Unfortunately, as is often the case when I bring white wards for some reason, the killer, a Hag, brought Franklin's Demise. She would hit me and place a trap on my map. She was teleporting and hitting nonstop, and every survivor went down very quickly. By the time I was on death hook, I managed to recover my map but no one had completed a generator. Another survivor was camped to death, one got downed while going for the save, and the other was injured and crouching. I made a lot of progress on a gen, but the killer started coming my way, so I ran to the nearest locker and hid.

You may be wondering why I did this. Well, remember that I brought a white ward. As long as I die with my item, I keep it. And she can't hit me with Franklin's Demise while I'm in a locker, effectively guaranteeing my item's safety.

She was not amused. She stared at me for a bit, swung a few times, opened the locker, then dropped me. She downed another survivor and carried her to me so I could get healed and subsequently hit. However, I held Shift to prevent her from healing me. After a while, the Hag juggled me until I escaped, after which I hopped in a locker that was next to me. What followed was basically the same as last time. Eventually she decided to take me to a hook. I wiggled to 95%, to ensure she wouldn't take me too far away from any lockers, and stopped wiggling. She stood at the hook for a while, but eventually hooked me, killing me and therefore securing my item.

And that's how you keep your item when the killer is determined to take it from you. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Comments