No Bloodpoints on Disconnect
Is it my understanding that the killer is the "game host" and when they disconnect, it ends the match? And that people do this take advantage of a bug that lets them keep their items?
I just had my first really good game as a survivor, where I probably maxed out my BP in a few different catagories, and then "Disconnect from Host" right as I was about to exit the gate, and NO POINTS awarded.
I'm sorry, but thats a busted ass system. It sucks if you legitimately get disconnected, but to have it adversely effect the rest of the players (especially other survivors who would continue playing) is bogus. This needs to be fixed.
Comments
You are supposed to keep your items and BP if the killer disconnect or if you have a connection probleme in any way. Weird.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/103572
Thanks!
I believe what people posted above is correct. If they just shut down the PS4 / Pull the Plug / Or Close the app, it will be hard disconnect and survivors lose all stat gains. If they just exit out of the game via the normal menu system, it counts as an escape for survivors.
Im triggered right now because i had around 24k in this match plus i had found a rainbow map and the killer just disconnects when the gates are open
Yupp there's an exploit that killers are using and BHVR has ignored it for months. People are claiming that once there are dedicated servers it would be fixed. So basically we're supposed to suffer about 8 more months of this when it's been going on for over a year if not longer. I have a thread with numerous people trying to debunk it and had to pull YouTube videos and I've tagged it etc and zero comment from within the company even though it's beyond 5 pages.