How to escape the rank 20 - 16 bubble/ fix wait times
If you've been having problems with long queue times in Dead by Daylight the first thing you need to do is look at your rank. In one of the most recent updates, the developers made it impossible for players to drop below certain ranks. The most notable rank wall being rank 15. Now ranks reset on the 13th of every month, however, for those who don't want to wait until then and actually want to play the game they bought I have some advice.
Survivors
If you are a survivor trapped at rank 16 or lower you'll likely need to play a few "Survive with Friends" rounds with a buddy who is above rank 15. In the event, you lack "buddies" to play with just add me as a friend by using the "Search for Friends" option in your Steam friends list. My profile name is Peasant, you'll be able to verify my identity with the following profile picture: https://68.media.tumblr.com/018e5f73a420dee955c6378a9ceb5dea/tumblr_inline_onjjbrHWqT1tyycxp_540.png
After I've reviewed your profile I'll accept the invitation and invite you to a swf lobby where I will use my rank to pull you out of the >15 rank pool and into the 15< pool for matchmaking. As a reminder, you can do this with your Steam friends, they just need to be rank 15 or lower. In the event that I'm unavailable or you prefer to rank up alone my only advice for you is to attempt to join lobbies during the day (6:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. EST). While both of these methods may not be the most efficient they have gotten fairly consistent successful results.
Killers
If you're a killer trapped at rank 16 or lower then I'm afraid you only have one real option. Since I cannot pull you out of the lower ranks in matchmaking you will just have to grind your way through. On the bright side, I have discovered a low wait-time for killer lobbies. If you desperately need to rank up, or just want to play the killer without a long wait then I suggest hosting lobbies at night (6:00 P.M. - 6:00 A.M. EST).
I apologize in advance if the results are less than effective, however, until other solutions arrive this is the best I've got.
Comments