Matchmaking??

Could somebody please explain how matchmaking works and if can be manipulated. I admit I am a noob and not great at survivor and even worse as killer but I try, and enjoy the game. I am rank 19 killer and only around level 4 on my killers and rank 17 survivor, around levels 6 to 7. I am getting matched up with people similar rank but they must be such high level, as I only have 2 perk slots and basic perks yet I am against people with all perk slots and high level perks (3 pipped). People soon work out I am a noob and am starting not to enjoy so much now. Surely they matchmake on both level and rank?
Thanks

Comments

  • They base matchmaking on your rank, not player level or character level. So when youre a rank 1 and join a SWF with 3 rank 20s. You will get rank 20 killers.

  • So with rank resets you could be a level 3 rank 20 player but paired with rank 20 players but level 50, thus they have all the best perks?? Unfortunately I fear that if you are not strong at this game, the game will be hard to enjoy. I do try!!! 
  • So with rank resets you could be a level 3 rank 20 player but paired with rank 20 players but level 50, thus they have all the best perks?? Unfortunately I fear that if you are not strong at this game, the game will be hard to enjoy. I do try!!! 
    It’s hard at first. There’s a pretty big learning curve. Keep playing and leveling up your characters 1 by 1 to unlock teachables. It gets easier! Hang in there bud!
  • I was rank 1 another was a 4 another was an 8 and the last was a 20. I was not swf and the killer was a hard camping Leatherface at rank 3. It made no sense. The 20 did nothing all match. Leatherface got 2 kills because of the 20.