Embrace the chase! How I’ve started having lots more fun on both sides

So this is purely personal opinion, everyone enjoys different things in the game so if you disagree that’s fair. I’m just trying to offer a suggestion for anyone who is burnt out or just not having fun right now in DBD.

As killer just try to win chases, let yourself “feel,” like a killer. I tried to end chases quickly, do mind games when possible, and have fun with the killers ability any chance I can. I fling hatchets like there’s no tomorrow because I wanna land that one hit they makes a survivor go DANG, I spend minutes trapping even if I’ll lose because I wanna hear that one satisfying SNAP! If all the gens pop quickly and everyone escapes that’s cool, next game time.

As survivor I’ll put myself out there to save a teammate, even if I’m at a gate and have the escape locked up. I’ll eat a hit for an injured survivor even though the killer may then chase me and I’m hot garbage at looping for a red rank lol.

These simple things just have really let me enjoy the game so much more lately instead of “how many did I kill,” “did I pip,” “oh man they’re teabagging me,” etc

Again I’m sure for some people winning is the fun part, but for me I’m just enjoying it for what it is, a game

Comments

  • I'm all for this. I was playing Plague for a ritual and was approaching a generator I knew had been worked on. My Corrupt Purge was about to run out so I yolo-barfed over the rocks around the generator and actually got a hit.


    After game chat also suggested I put the scare into someone still new to the game.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    I'm all for this. I was playing Plague for a ritual and was approaching a generator I knew had been worked on. My Corrupt Purge was about to run out so I yolo-barfed over the rocks around the generator and actually got a hit.

    After game chat also suggested I put the scare into someone still new to the game.

    Right just screw around some, I’m sick of thinking “if I miss that attack I’m stunned for 3 seconds and this chase...”etc

  • That's pretty much my process. Play sweaty to get one hook apiece for barbecue stacks, then work on maxing out my non- sacrifice points. Sometimes I go for a second hook, sometimes not. I'm typically fine with letting the Survivors go., even farming if they catch on, but I only sweat when I'm playing a killer I'm not as good with since there it's part of the learning process.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    That's pretty much my process. Play sweaty to get one hook apiece for barbecue stacks, then work on maxing out my non- sacrifice points. Sometimes I go for a second hook, sometimes not. I'm typically fine with letting the Survivors go., even farming if they catch on, but I only sweat when I'm playing a killer I'm not as good with since there it's part of the learning process.

    Chill, although I usually don’t farm because it’s just boring for me. I will generally let everyone go once the door is open, if I down someone I carry them to the exit.

    I will farm hooks or pallets if the survivors indicate it, just because I’m thinking it’s more points/pips for all and they may have a rift challenge

  • The quickest way to failure is to dedicate all time and effort to avoiding it. Because, when meditating on negating a negative to get a positive, is still meditating on the negative, garnering negative energy. Like when learning to ride a motorcycle, keep your eyes on where you want to go, not on what you want to avoid. Take risks, learn new things, get better, have more fun.

  • That's honestly the best attitude to have. Head on is one of my favorite perks because every stun with it is fun. There was a Puppers video a while back where the Demogorgon get beat pretty badly. They all waited at the gate crouched. He the Demo came along and slowly started back pedaling. They started chasing him whole crouched until he was backed into a corner. It was hysterical to watch. They all died to end game collapse because they were all having to much fun to leave.

    Goofy stuff like that is so nice to break things up.

  • For me, it depends on my opponents. I am willing to have fun with chill players, but if I smell perspiration throughout the match, then no, I will play to win.

    As Killer, after I down someone that is on death hook, I spin in place. If the Survivor doesn't understand what I want, I will m1 the air in front of them and spin several more times. If they spin their body while they're on the ground, I nod several times and leave them there for their teammates to pick them up and let them escape. If they don't spin, they die.

    As a survivor, I sometimes try to play Whack a Mole with Killers like Huntress and Mr Cowboy. I'll crouch behind a window and repeatedly pop up as they approach. I will also walk back and forth on the second floor of the saloon while they try to take a shot at me from the street. It is even more enjoyable when the killer lowers their head after they miss.