A collection of suggestions to speed perk acquisition

The grind is bad, and it's godawful for new players. It scares them away from the game. I don't want to type a whole thing, because I've already done that too much. Here is a collection of ideas to improve this. Do any or all (well probably not ALL) of them, just make it easier/faster. This is by far DBD's worst problem.

(EDIT: To be clear, this is just a list of multiple ideas. I'm not suggesting that they do ALL of these things.)

  • Truncate perks into single ranks only.
  • Allow survivors to select some small number of "preferred perks" to have a much higher chance of spawning in any given Bloodweb.
  • Don't make the Entity auto-remove perks from a Bloodweb. Make the Entity intentionally not prefer perk nodes, so that a player can potentially unlock 4 perks from every web.
  • Put a minimum of 2 perks on every Blooodweb, from level 1 forward.
  • Introduce an a la carte perk economy, separate from the Shrine of Secrets, where players can buy any perk they want for Iridescent Shards. Couple this with free "event" days where players can just straight-up pick any perk for free.
  • When a teachable unlocks, add rank 1 of that perk to every current and future character's library forever. Make this persist through prestige.
  • Rework the prestige system so that it doesn't erase perk libraries.
  • Rework the prestige system so that every prestige rank adds one of the character's teachable perks to every character's library, at rank 3, forever. Make this persist through prestige.
  • Just give every character a much bigger selection of initial perks.

Comments

  • Rework the prestige system so that every prestige rank adds one of the character's teachable perks to every character's library, at rank 3, forever. Make this persist through prestige.

  • Almost anything would be nice at this point

  • I am in favour of changing the grind to be much less brutal than it currently is, but this seem a little too much.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    I am in favour of changing the grind to be much less brutal than it currently is, but this seem a little too much.

    This is just a list of multiple ideas. I'm not suggesting that they do ALL of these things.