Wraith is currently bugged ... but I actually like it!
I was playing a bit a Wraith today when I noticed that he had a bug. If you start to uncloak but cancel it the uncloaking audio will play out in full, even if you canceled it straight away. You stay invisible too, so survivors can only hear the sound. I was going to make a bug report about it but after playing with it and thinking about how it could work I kinda want it to stay in the game.
If someone was able to master it, I believe that you could make some interesting mindgames. For example let's say that you want a survivor to vault a window from a high place. You could cancel your uncloak and move to where the survivor will drop, meanwhile the survivor will hear the uncloak sound in full. If you're lucky the survivor could panic and vault right to where your standing. I've only played a couple of matches so I haven't begun to master it yet, but I'm positive that there are many more mindgames you could pull off with this trick.
This bug also can work really well with some of his add-ons. The Ghost, which leaves him with no terror radius after uncloaking, could leave survivors guessing whether you fully uncloaked or not, while his All Seeing add-on can allow him to guide survivors actions with the extra info he gets. But if there's one add-on that pairs well with this bug it's his bone clapper. With this, you can scare the survivors across the map by ringing your bell without having to wait the full uncloak time. The survivors will either be so scared that they won't do anything, or they will get desensitized to it, which can allow you to catch them off guard.
Sorry if I rambled a bit but I think this bug could be a nifty feature that can raise the skill ceiling of a killer that needs a bit of love.
TLDR: Wraith has a bug that plays out his uncloaking audio in full even if you cancel the uncloak. I want this to remain in the game.
Comments
Lol, i hate it & want it removed ASAP.
Why, if I may ask? Do you think it shouldn't be a feature or does it simply annoy you?
I would love to remove it asap as well. It gives the survivors more info than I'd like, namely "hey, I'm right here!!!" ...if I chose not to uncloak it's for a reason, and I'd rather not have my stealth completely shattered when I let go of the button before the first bell would have gone off normally.
Both.
If you could control it, that'd be a way different story.
Sometimes i want to immediately stop uncloaking, to get a better position or smthn.
But this bug quickly betrays that i'm there.
Also, it's like scratching a chalkboard or rubbing on tight plastic: The noise it creates is annoying unless you're the one doing it.
An automatic Wailing Bell is just blegh to me.
I see your point. I generally don't cancel my uncloaking but I can see why it would be something that would annoy those who do.
Maybe if you could press a button to make the sound without uncloaking that would please both sides.
Alright i get why this is broken and why people want this fixed.
That said using bone clapper rn is hilarious