Question about dead dawg map

When playing as my Claudette main I couldn’t go and open either gate and or look for the hatch due to Michael being near by Within distance watching both gates.And I wanted to ask if anyone else thinks the exit gates are to close.I ended up being killed by the entity in the end.As a recently new killer main myself isn’t guarding the gates considered camping? please correct me if I’m wrong.

Comments

  • the gate spawn is random.

    you were just unlucky, thats all.


    there ARE maps that have pre set exit gate spawns, such as Lerys Memorial or Gideon Meatplant, though these gates are always guaranteed to spawn on opposite sides of the map.

    outdoor maps however never have that, the gatespawn on those is always random.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    the gate spawn is random.

    you were just unlucky, thats all.

    there ARE maps that have pre set exit gate spawns, such as Lerys Memorial or Gideon Meatplant, though these gates are always guaranteed to spawn on opposite sides of the map.

    outdoor maps however never have that, the gatespawn on those is always random.

    I mean I’m not complaining or anything I just didn’t know what to do in that situation.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1320706#Comment_1320706

    I mean I’m not complaining or anything I just didn’t know what to do in that situation.

    there isnt a whole lot you can do in that situation tbh.

    i wouldnt recommend you sitting there, waiting out the timer though. thats quite boring for both parties.

    you could try to open the gate while the killer isnt looking, or you open it to one third, sneak away and open the other one while the killer is checking the area around the first one.

    or you just loot a key and reopen hatch (Kappa)


    none of these are guaranteed to work though.

    sometimes there really isnt anything you can do other than accept defeat.

  • Look/wait for the killer to hook you

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1320716#Comment_1320716

    there isnt a whole lot you can do in that situation tbh.

    i wouldnt recommend you sitting there, waiting out the timer though. thats quite boring for both parties.

    you could try to open the gate while the killer isnt looking, or you open it to one third, sneak away and open the other one while the killer is checking the area around the first one.

    or you just loot a key and reopen hatch (Kappa)

    none of these are guaranteed to work though.

    sometimes there really isnt anything you can do other than accept defeat.

    I know I was trying to come up with a plan during that time but he was at one gate with a clear view of the other one and the area around it.I tried to be as sneaky as possible but at the same time I ran out of places to go.I told myself I may have to risk being caught which I’m fine with but personally as a killer doctor myself I don’t like to waste time guarding exit gates.I mean if I just stand guarding it by then a survivor has probably already found the hatch before I could and leads the other survivor(s) to the hatch with a key.