Legitimate Thanks for Console Optimization + Question for the Devs - Nurse add-ons

Hi there @Peanits @Almo @not_Queen ,

First off, I did want to give credit where it's due. I came back after a few months of not playing and must say that PS4 optimization is MUCH better than it was before. I used to play Nurse but the FPS would drop below 5 during some blinks back in the day. Compared to before, it feels buttery smooth now. So that is a massive improvement. With the added sensitivity on top, console play in general just feels so much nicer. So massive props to the Dev team for all those upgrades - feels like a night and day difference compared to years past

For anyone that doesn't believe me, I put together a short video showing a PS4 Nurse clip from 11 months ago (first 80 seconds) vs. a PS4 Nurse clip from a few days ago (last 80ish seconds)

https://youtu.be/S3tUDqr3o6k

Anyways, my question for the Devs - I have a potential compromise I'd like to run by you regarding Nurse add-ons. I think just about everyone fully agreed that some of the overpowered add-ons for Nurse needed changing (Omega Blink and 3-5 blink Nurse were unfair to face) but all the same, some people are still a bit frustrated about the base kit changes. I would say I'm in that camp as well.

I'd love to see the base kit changes reverted completely but short of doing that, would it be possible to just bump up the numbers slightly on the recharge add-ons such that if you're running both recharge add-ons (Fragile Wheeze + Dark Cincture), you're back to the original base kit Nurse? I.e. when running both recharge add-ons , both blink charges fully return right when fatigue ends. I know it probably doesn't sound like much of a difference given that you only need to wait 0.5-1 extra second compared to before but that little change would make the Nurse so so so much more enjoyable to play right now without making any major difference in performance. Trying to keep track of survivor movements while also keeping track of the blink recharge - for me, it just feels like way too much to manage every moment and it quickly ends up becoming less fun and more frustrating, even during the rare times when every blink is on point. Feels like trying to manage a spinning plate with one hand while typing on a keyboard with the other - the multitasking of it all is just really stressful. I know there's the audio cue but it really does not help as much as you'd expect it would, since it can be so easily drowned out by all the other sounds in the game. When you accidentally start charging the blink while the bar is at 90+%... oof.

As another plus, this change would also make it so that if you want to run old base kit nurse, you can't have any other add-on advantages - that would just be the upper limit in terms of add-ons. So you could never have 3 blink nurse with no recharge wait, or omega blink etc. - only the original base kit 2 blink Nurse. I might be biased but I genuinely believe if we did a poll with the playerbase about how balanced the original 2 blink base kit Nurse was, around 75% or more of the playerbase would say that that's pretty much the definition of balance - still incredibly punishing without skill but incredibly rewarding with skill. Most players would have more success running perk-less, no add-ons Clown or speed-limiter Bubba than they would playing old base kit Nurse for their first 20 matches or beyond. On console, at least.

This might sound like a seemingly insignificant tweak but I think it would go a long way towards appeasing the Nurse players that were frustrated by the base kit changes. I feel that Nurse is add-on dependent right now and while this wouldn't really change that, it would give one single option to bypass the new blink recharge system which many players (myself included) strongly strongly dislike. Even though I've played likely 1-2 hundred matches with Nurse in the past, and even though she's still strong, I am not exaggerating when I say that, in my opinion, she still feels less fun to play in her current state than any other killer on the roster, and it's solely because of the blink recharge mechanic.

Is this change something that would be within the realm of possibility? I'm definitely open to having a civil discussion about the pros and cons there. Regardless, thank you for reading my wall of text and hearing me out, I really appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TLDR/Summary:

1.) PS4 FPS is MUCH better than before

2.) As a compromise, without changing anything else, would it be possible to change the Nurse recharge add-ons (Fragile Wheeze + Dark Cincture) so that when used simultaneously, they fully recharge both blinks by the end of the fatigue? (essentially making old base kit Nurse playable again)

Comments

  • There are a few ways to address her current state. Another way would be to remove the cooldown at base range and have her range add ons increase the cooldown. I'd hate to see another Clown situation where he slowed down equivalent to his gas slow down, everyone knew it was ridiculous, and we still waited 2 years to change it because reasons.

    I feel like they really didn't take the actual Nurse players into account on the changes. You can still get results, and I think most Nurse players will tell you the fun is in the results, but certainly not in the gameplay experience.

  • Console sensitivity can still be improved as well, I could use another boost.

    Part of why nurse is the polar opposite of fun right now is because you literally have to wait to gain any mobility, and playing with her add-ons adds an additional level of micromanagement/ memorization in regards to how long you have to wait to move across the map.

  • Not every nurse is knightlight and I doubt there's a single nurse even capable of that level on console. If the potential isn't there no one's going to play her and get better.

  • @edgarpoop I'd be very on board with changing it like that too. And fully agreed - I'm a middling Nurse player at best but I can still win most of the time with her. It really does feel like work though, and I don't know that the same could be said about any other killer.


    @ActulCasul For me personally, I found the new 100 sensitivity had me accidentally blinking 20 yards off from where I wanted haha. The new 70 feels perfect for me but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have the option to kick that up further than the current limits. I fully agree though. The thought process during a chase for the current Nurse is:

    • Track survivor
    • Check recharge bar
    • Need to wait
    • Track survivor again
    • Check recharge bar
    • Need to wait
    • Track survivor again
    • Check recharge bar
    • Ok, it's ready
    • Track survivor again
    • Charge blink

    Whereas, the thought process during a chase for old Nurse was:

    • Track survivor
    • Charge blink