Need Advice Purchasing A PC
If you have contributed to my older post about CPU underclocking, now i need your help again more than ever. If you have not, please help me too. I need to know which of these PC's is better buy than the other. (Trying to play modern warfare and hitman 2 at minimum 60 fps but must be stable and not getting past 85 degrees in medium preset)
Amazon.com: MSI GP65 Leopard 10SFK-047 (i7-10750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, RTX 2070 8GB, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms, Windows 10) Gaming Notebook: Computers & Accessories
or
Amazon.com: SkyTech Blaze II Gaming Computer PC Desktop – Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6G, 500G SSD, 16GB DDR4 3000MHz, RGB, AC WiFi, Windows 10 Home 64-bit: Computers & Accessories
Please help me out. I am not very experienced at these things and just need strong and lasting gaming PC.
Comments
On paper, the laptop is better all around (especially the video card). I think the bigger question is whether you prefer a desktop or laptop PC. I suspect either of these choices would play the games you mentioned just fine.
Ye i e been leaning to the laptop because it seems loaded and i trust MSI. Also i have mever used a pc before. I just dont want to spend extra hundreds for something that could overheat and be useless. Do You think it would last without being fried?
Most of those botique gaming laptops tend to run well, though the fans can get pretty noisy due to the small form factor. I see a couple of reviews of this laptop on Amazon that mention this, but that's just the trade-off you're making by going with a laptop.
I'm thinking if i play everything in medium it'll not fry and last. I know that intel is very new from what i heard and rtx 2070 is a huge gap from 1660 super. But thats all i know. Would you say playing on medium should make the laptop go fine below 85C?
I would think playing games on non-ultra settings would be reasonable, yeah. I'd be shocked if you have any major cooling issues right out of the box.
Alright thanks so much. I hope there arent, because apparently EXcalibur PC is 98% positive seller with techs inspecting the pc before shipping. If they manage to screw that up, i'd be pissed.
You are very welcome! Just make sure you are buying from a reputable seller, if it's not manufacturer direct.