Would stats for survivors be cool?
its just a thought.
(English is not my main language so I hope the words are correct)
So If survivors had stats I would make it 3 star system. 1 star is lower then average 2 stars is what every survivor is atm and 3 stars is of course better.
heres some cathegories i could think of.
Stamina ( exhaustion recovery) 1 star = 50% 2 stars= 100% 3 stars (200%)
Physique ( hits you can take) 1 star= insta down 2 stars= 2 hits to down 3 stars= 3 hits to down
Speed ( movement speed) 1 star = 95% 2 stars= 100% 3 stars= 105%
Technician ( Gen speed) 1 Star = 90% 2 stars = 100% 3 stars = 110%
Healers (heal speed) 1 star = 70% 2 stars = 100& 3 stars= 130%
These are just 5 things I can think of right now. 3 hits is super strong so you have to compensate it with being bad at other things.
Also I would add once per trial stats for some characters ( speed 3 star until first hit --> 2 star) or (Physique 3 star after first hook 2 star after second hook 1 star)
Lets look into some characters:
Meg:
Stamina 3 stars
Physique 1 star
Speed 3 Stars
Technician 1 star
Healer 2 stars
Meg is faster then other survivors, however I wouldnt recomment that survivors with physique 1 start injured so they cant use dead hard early on. Its more like shes constantly under haunted grounds effect for example.
David King:
Stamina: 2 Stars
Physique: 3 stars ( until first hit then 2 star)
Speed 2 star
Technician 1 star
Healer 1 star
David is a tough boy and he can take a hit more then average survivors. However hes really bad ar healing and doing gens.
Dwight:
Stamina 2 stars
Physique 2 stars
Speed 2 stars
Technician 2 stars
Healer 2 stars
Just the average character like every one is right now.
So I know it would need balancing, im no developer, but I like the idea. We have many killers with unique abillities but survivors are just skins.
Im sure You can find a midway for different survivors not being too strong or too weak. It would just encourage different playstyles (roles)
David for example protects his mates, so hes got another free hit for protecting his teammate.
I guess there could be other thing like hiding from auras etc but i want to leave it with these 5 abillities for now.
What do you think? its just a thought of course^^
Comments
This might sound good in theory, but it would lead to a wonky survivor meta. Friday the 13th has basically what you are describing, and there are only 3 survivors in that game who are considered viable. It would be the same way here, and it would lead to LESS survivor diversity than we have now, not more.