I finally deranked!

This'll be a bit lengthy, so TLDR at the bottom.

Context! I've been playing DbD since last May, give or take a week. Made it to red ranks two months ago, had fun, but man, did the sweat needed to keep the rank really get to me. Especially since I main Plague and Trapper, with Pig becoming near and dear the last month. The effort needed had me really considering just taking a long break from the game.

Had a bit of an idea, one of those last ditch things you think of to keep your interest in something. My idea was to derank, but not the normal, boring AFK Wraith way. No, I wanted to at least play, but nothing serious. Came up with the idea of playing killers I don't play.

Perkless. At red ranks.

I tried Deathslinger. He's fun, but I don't have the accuracy to really enjoy him. Then Clown. Man, was that just pure torture. Ghostface, but I don't like his playstyle. Legion, but I grew annoyed with them repairing in my face.

So, I settled on Bubba! And man, did I actually have fun with him! Since I didn't have Insidious, camping was out of the question. No chainsaw addons, so that was used only rarely. Mostly, it was me smacking people on the noggin. But still, fun!

And I actually did better than I thought. Which is where the meat of the post comes from, because I shouldn't have done as well as I did.

1) Survivors really feed into Bubba. A lot, and I mean a LOT, of my kills came because they bum rushed the basement the moment I hooked somebody down there. There were some fantastic loopers, but that went out the window when somebody was on the hook.They will have all five gens done, gates open, yet throw the match away to get the guy I hooked after chasing for three gens.

2) Bubba really, really needs a rework. The poor guy has nothing in his kit when it comes to doing, well anything. I see why he's a meme lord, and why it's so easy to simply face camp every survivor you manage to grab.

3) There are a lot less SWF than I lead myself to believe. When I was really trying to maintain rank, I saw SWF, the big boogie man, in every team I went against. Yet when I sat back and began this trip, when I wasn't putting pressure on myself, SWF, especially 4 man tac squads, aren't common. On my list, I think there are only two, maybe three four man groups, and only one was a tac squad. It gave me a fresh perspective, which is also a learning lesson for myself.

4) There really isn't much perk variety, is there? Some builds were interesting, some went against the norm, but the usual were just meta. Expected, at red ranks, but still. Some matches came off as boring, since they played like they had those perks.

5) There should be a perkless mode added. It was really refreshing to play on just my own skill. No perks to help me out, give me info, slow the game, nothin. Everything I did, was on me. Any mistakes made, were on me. And I really enjoyed that.

6) When I wasn't putting effort into sweating out the match, I enjoyed myself. It felt like a game. Well, a game within a game. And some of the survivors I went against were amused as well, so I'm glad I made them smile.

I took a pic of most of my match end results. Not all. I did take some other killers out to do dailies (Legion, Doc, and Huntress), and I forgot to F12 a few, but the majority are there. Just look at my blood points go up! They're all going into Pyramid Head when he drops. Took me eight days to derank from 4 to 3.

But I had fun doing it. Now devs, rework Bubba please.

https://imgur.com/a/428EUaT

TLDR: Bubba OP, plz nerf. Tried to derank, took forever, but I had fun. List made of my progress.

Comments