A hacker?

So last night I was playing a game as Pig at Lery's. I had a Yui with 'No Mither' and a flashlight. I was chasing her and she ran into a wall and suddenly dissappears and she was running the opposite direction behind me (had good ping).

When I downed her and picked her up, she had 'Boil Over', making extremely difficult to get to a hook (I don't know if more than normal because I don't counter that perk so often). Anyway, I got to a hook and pressed the hook button several times but nothing happened. I kept spamming and she got away. Nevertheless I had no problem hooking the others survivors.

This kept happening every time and once I get her up I couldn't drop her either. Finally I manage to hook her three times and kill her despite most of the time she continued to escape my grasp.


So this is my thought: she was cheating somehow expecting I give up on her, recovering from dying state anytime with 'No Mither' if I smacked her down, using 'Boil Over' to make even more difficult to hook her and flashlight for more toxicity.


What do you guys think? Was this person cheating or what the hell?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I'm just watching Monto on Twitch right now and it's happening the same thing to him.

  • If you have footage of the game, and you reported them in the post-game scoring screen, you can submit a support ticket with that footage here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=191426

    You'll need your own and the offending player's Steam ID64, as well as your Player Cloud ID (which you can find at the bottom of the Options menu in-game).

    You will need to remove or at least censor all the names in that screenshot, though, since that constitutes "naming and shaming", which is against forum rules.

  • I definitely understand the frustration - I've had games before myself that I couldn't report because I didn't record them, but unfortunately there's nothing the Support team can really do without proof ๐Ÿ™ Otherwise, they risk banning genuinely innocent people who just got report-bombed.

    The best you can do at this stage is just keep an eye out for similar behaviour in the future. Maybe download a screen-recording program like OBS and having it running (not necessarily recording) in the background whenever you play DBD - that's what I do, personally. That way, you can just tab out and press record if someone starts griefing or hacking or something like that in one of your games.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314856#Comment_1314856

    I definitely understand the frustration - I've had games before myself that I couldn't report because I didn't record them, but unfortunately there's nothing the Support team can really do without proof ๐Ÿ™ Otherwise, they risk banning genuinely innocent people who just got report-bombed.

    The best you can do at this stage is just keep an eye out for similar behaviour in the future. Maybe download a screen-recording program like OBS and having it running (not necessarily recording) in the background whenever you play DBD - that's what I do, personally. That way, you can just tab out and press record if someone starts griefing or hacking or something like that in one of your games.

    I'm definitely doing that. So I imagine it's not enough he's on that hackers group ๐Ÿ˜ Do you know if it's worth it to report their Discord server (it's on the Steam group's description) or it doesn't make any sense? ๐Ÿ˜“

  • @Torche said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314868#Comment_1314868

    I'm definitely doing that. So I imagine it's not enough he's on that hackers group ๐Ÿ˜ Do you know if it's worth it to report their Discord server (it's on the Steam group's description) or it doesn't make any sense? ๐Ÿ˜“

    Probably not - BHVR don't have anything to with things that happen outside of the game itself, so they couldn't do anything about the Discord server even if you did report it. It is, however, against Discord's TOS to distribute or promote hacks, so they would be the ones to report it to if you wanted something to be done about the server itself.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314881#Comment_1314881

    Probably not - BHVR don't have anything to with things that happen outside of the game itself, so they couldn't do anything about the Discord server even if you did report it. It is, however, against Discord's TOS to distribute or promote hacks, so they would be the ones to report it to if you wanted something to be done about the server itself.

    Yeah, I meant report to Discord sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Thanks for your help.

  • @Torche said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315048#Comment_1315048

    Yeah, I meant report to Discord sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Thanks for your help.

    No worries! Good luck ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • https://www.twitch.tv/videos/635784020?t=00h40m49s


    Twitch Monto hacker.rar


    From Monto's stream (00:40:49) and the specific clip below so you can see it with your own eyes. That's the exact same thing that happened to me.