Entity Crows and or Crow/Map Spawn Algorithm

Hi fellow Children of the Fog,

To be more specific and add context to my Discussion Title:

I've been playing Spirit with a *Spies From the Shadows* and Monitor & Abuse combo in order to see how well a reduced terror radius with alert notifications from Spies works for a few months now. Im on and off Dead by Daylight, and I don't play every day like I used to. The past week or so I've been playing now and again, particularly with Spirit.

Over the past week or so, I've had very inconsistent Spies notifications, with some games giving me none what-so-ever. I then took it upon myself to test this by going into the next match and looking for the crows myself as killer.

My most recent match had me on Auto-Haven Wreckers and there were NO Crows at all. I even followed a few survivors in and out of chase in order to check this theory. No crows spawned on this map.

My next game was on Lerys Treatment Theater, which had so many crows that my Spies went off many times. Which was good!

Maybe I am not understanding exactly how crow spawns work on the maps or maybe I don't realize that some realms have more crows than others such as indoor maps.

It does make me feel like I wasted a perk slot using Spies from the Shadows when, arguably, it appears to work 50% of the time (I realize I tested two maps/games, but I only began testing because the game before I began testing had no crows/no spies notification as well). If its because of the realm differences I can understand. Ill just use more map offerings.

My struggle here is that when it comes to a perk like Spies, if indeed the crows are inconsistently spawning, then that needs to be addressed. I know more evidence is going to be needed in order to submit this claim to Behavior, but before I jump the gun, Im wondering if anyone else has had this same issue? Again...Its not every game that no crow spawns, but I had 2 games in a 40 min period where no crows spawned for me.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and leave constructive feedback.

Zexell_XIII

Comments

  • doesn't the Jake perk lower crow reactions ?

  • Crows startled will return after 15seconds for sure.

    Calm spirt the Jake perk let's surviors pass crows without being startled

    And the hookgun startles every crow around when shot in 24m radius


    With spys the noise only happens when your within range and if they startle crows and if the crow isn't on that return cooldown

  • @emptyCups said:

    Crows startled will return after 15seconds for sure.

    Calm spirt the Jake perk let's surviors pass crows without being startled

    And the hookgun startles every crow around when shot in 24m radius

    With spys the noise only happens when your within range and if they startle crows and if the crow isn't on that return cooldown

    No, sorry man, this isnt what Im talking about. Its not a perk counter. I know, for instance, one game on Lerys no one was using Calm Spirit. But I visually would watch birds fly away as I walked past them as killer. On Auto Haven Wreckers, there literally were no crows. None inside the middle garage area, none by killer shack, none ontop of L-Loops, none on Jungle Gyms, etc. I looked the entire game and not 1 crow was on that map. I even followed surivors around in and out of chase in order to get Spies from the Shadows to go off.

    Its not Calm Spirit, I promise. I know, because I use that on one of my Survivor builds. And I know that I must be within range for the notification to go off when a crow flies. They just didnt appear in the map at all. Maybe Ill catch a game one day and record it using my PS4 capture software and then I'll upload it to YouTube with a link on this forum/discussion thread so you can see it yourself.

  • I’ve noticed it also, I run Spies on Trapper since the patch the perk isn’t triggering as much