Totem QoL changes
First of all, i wont be talking about the incredible bad totem placements, since everyone knows how stupid these are 90% of the time.
Instead, i will make some suggestions that will give you, as the killer, a smoother gameplay experience with the totems, so there wont be any buffs or nerfs in here.
My first suggestion would be, to change the Hex Totems aura color from red to blue (like event hooks), so its easier for you to spot it. A lot of the time as killer, i spawn, look around and cant find my totem, because its the exact same color as all the other auras too and i only have very little time to waste in order to find it. Most of the time it gets destroyed, before i even see it once (~30 seconds ingame). This change would really help pretending this, since you would easily be aware of your totems location, whenever you look around.
The next thing is, that the perk "thrill of the hunt", which gives you a noise warning whenever someone starts working on a Hex Totem, should have its own notification icon, like tinkerer, when a gen is at 85% has (instead of the normal noise icon, the icon has a red generator inside of it). Maybe you should put a Totem icon inside the noise bubble, like the gen icon from tinkerer, so people wont think thats a failed gen and ignore it, or stop chasing someone to run to the location of the last failed skillcheck in fear that their totem would be in danger, because they cant keep these notifications apart.
what do you think of these changes?
would you like to see them ingame?
please feel free to comment and/or make your own suggestions ![]()
thanks for reading! ![]()
Comments
okay... for some reason this has been posted 3 times... i have no idea why, but i apologize for it
Hex perks should be converted to normal perks. Most of them are not powerful enough to justify them being removable by survivors. They might change some numbers on Devour Hope, but the rest isn´t really game breaking strong.
For the first one, I would love to see that. I've had times where I've started, looked around, couldn't find the totem and just assumed it's on the other side of the map behind a generator or something. Then once I get across the map, realize it was actually right where I started and hidden behind a different generator. So I would totally be down for a blue aura for totems.
The thrill of the hunt thing I'm a little more mixed on. I haven't really had a problem keeping track of it. If you peek over at it, you can easily tell if it's on a generator or on the totem. I guess I'd be okay with it, but I also don't really see the need. What could also be interesting (and serve as a little buff for TOTH) is if it make the perk icon for the specific totem being cleansed flash while it's being cleansed. That way you can prioritize which you want to defend and which you want to let go, in case you're using multiple.
(Also I got you fam, I deleted the duplicate threads.)
that is true, however this is not what i tried to say in my post. i wasnt talking about buffs/nerfs to them, just some simple QoL changes to give players a better game experience while using them.
i think there is no doubt, that totem perks need a huge rework, but that is worth a discussion on its own.
your idea for the second one sounds very good to me, since that way you could finally tell which totem is which. Also, there is no real need to change the noise notifications, thats true, but it would be a nice little QoL change, since you've already prooven, that you can make stuff like this with tinkerer. That wouldnt be necessary, but a nice little detail, dont you think?
PS: thanks for deleting the other posts
What they need to do is give a 5th perk slot only for hex perks.
Having 1 perk being remove in 30 seconds in the game is the most stupid mechanic i've seen in a video game in my entire life. And no they are not high risk high reward, the reward doesn't even come close to the risk.
If you dont run ruin just to slow down the game for a very bit you might aswell not queue up as killer.
i totally agree on that, but again: this is not about balance. this is simply a QoL suggestion and nothing else.
I get what you are saying but the only way to make the totems better is a fully rework.
Yeah sure they can do some QOL in here in there i would rather them just rework completely the entire hex system.
It blows my mind on what they were thinking with the system, i wouldn't run ruin if i wasted force to, its just not worth it.
I've been kicking around an idea where removing a Hex puts it on cooldown for an extended period of time. Then, after that time is up and if there is a Dull totem available, it will occupy said totem and come back into play. And kinda like Exhaustion perks, the cooldown can be adjusted from Hex to hex.
That way if a totem is taken out of play in the first minute of the game, it can come back later to see some play.
I like the idea @chemical_reject and i came up with. The broken totem once broken effects the person who broke it the rest of the game. If you break ruin you are cursed by it rest of the game same. Huntress Lullaby, third seal, devour hope and Noed. It may extend games. Who wants to be cursed with ruin, Lullaby, third seal or devour hope for the rest of the game.
But how oud l i tell the differice between n event hok and my totemif they are the same collor???