Will I be banned for reporting an exploit in Bug Reports?

Question is as the title implies - I have reported an exploit in Bug Reports and I'm worried that doing so may get me banned or punished.
I had read the Community Guidelines regarding exploits, and understand that doing so can warrant a permanent ban, but it was not explained whether posting exploits in Bug Reports could still be punished.

Can somebody clarify whether or not I may face punishment?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • We wouldn't ban you for it. If anything, we'd take the report, pass it on to the devs, and then delete the post. (It's a different story if you were to post it in GD with the intent to show people how to do it, though.)

    But if you're reporting something that other people probably shouldn't know about (because it could be abused), the best course of action would be to contact a mod in private and report it that way. We'll pass it on to the dev team, and that way it's not sitting there showing people how to abuse a bug.