Consistency

I generally avoid multiplayer only games because of the toxicity that can be present online. However I had a group of friends that recommended dead by daylight and I got to admit that it's a lot of fun! However being a new killer I face a lot of apprehension going into every match because the odds of me facing very experienced players is very high considering the game doesn't match people based on their skill, but instead their numbers. And if you're at all familiar with this game, then you know that numbers don't mean jack.

I've been playing dead by daylight for 2 months now and I'm a rank 15 killer. Today I played a match where the survivors were a rank 4, 3, and two 2. How such a thing is even possible I'll never understand. Naturally they dominated the match, but to make matters worse they all waited for me to approach the exit gate where they proceeded to tea bag me as they left. I'm just thankful I have messages set up in a way that prevents people who are not my friends from messaging me as I no doubt would have gotten some rather toxic comments as well.

I can turn a blind eye to toxic players, but there's no consistency when it comes to these matches. I admit that I need to get better at the game, but what's sad is that the killers are intentionally given the advantage in DBD. And when you're competing against people far above your level that are bringing in items like ultra rare parts, and it's a SWF group - which gives survivors an added advantage that the killer doesn't have - you can make playing as a killer very high risk, low reward.

Comments