Some maps are actually worse now?
I've been playing DBD a bit recently but I have only played pretty much Deathslinger, Legion and survivor, some other killers from time to time but not many. The map reworks have been out for a while now so we've had chance to test them. What I want to ask is:
Do some maps in your opinion feel even more survivor sided now?
For me they absolutely do, ironically enough the two that feel even more unfair are already the two most broken maps in the game - Rotten fields and Mount Ormond.
For rotten they have made the loops much closer together so they can be chained easily and I noticed that gens pretty much always spawn on the outer tiles on the map, making them hard to contest even with some mobility killers. The only real 'centre' gen is the one that can spawn in killer shack but even that one is miles away from the others. Still a bunch of corn as well making it a Claudette's dream.
I do notice a size difference though, but I don't think this size difference has made up for what else they did to the map.
Now for Ormond they have replaced some of the jungle jyms with just unmindgamable pallets, making the map even worse especially if the survivor knows what they're doing. The map is still massive but now even people who can't run jungle jims can survive.
There unironically needs to be forced deadzone spawns on it and maybe a size reduction or even hell, a full map rework.
There are other maps I have heard are also worse now, some being coal tower and Groaning storehouse (i think), but I haven't had a tragic experience on them like these two maps.
Hopefully they stick to there word when they said they would adjust some more maps, and even adjust already tweaked maps.
Comments
I think ormond is fine, even before the rework. Yeah I’m the first killer to admit this lol it wasn’t good but it wasn’t what people said it was. But rotten fields... yes.... oh god rotten fields is so easy to chain jungle gyms. Like there’s like 7 or 8 and I had a Claudette run me through 3 and I saw we weren’t even at mid map and I was like ok... screw this later found her urban evasioning and got her. Rotten fields is really easy to abuse a killer in now I believe. But eh this whole update was mandatory and has made the game health extraordinary better. Now make Hawkins more balanced, fix rotten fields and decrease the size of mothers dwelling. MAGNIFICO!
I mean, I had a game where 3 jungle gym tiles spawned in a straight row. So yeah, its definitely screwed up