The Hedge Theme (Shape T1 Stalking music)

From my understanding, the T1 Michael Myers stalking music, known as the theme "The Hedge" from the original Halloween movie, was removed at first due to a bug. When this bug did not affect the Shape's kill numbers at all, however, the devs decided it wasn't worth fixing.

I don't know if that was true or not, but I do know that this music, which is awesome and creepy and probably still in the game files somewhere, is not implemented in the game right now. Whether due to bug or dev choice, this great, spooky music is being kept from us. Because it "didn't affect numbers" when it was glitched and removed.

What it does affect is the experience of the game, I used to love hearing that music play and then frantically trying to figure out where the Shape is stalking me from, usually while I'm on a generator. No one else seems to care, but maybe it's because no one else has made an effort to call the devs attention to it.

This should not be a hard decision, it's not a buff or a nerf, and if what I believe is true, then the devs didn't think it affected him anyway. Bring back the cool, awesome music that some of us paid hard cash to hear.

Comments

  • I miss the music too purely because it sound really cool and would also immediately put me on edge. It's a shame it's gone to waste now it is no longer being used.

    They could at it to his Mori. Sounds like a cool idea in my head, at least.