I have two doubts about a math problem:
1- Why X⁰=1?
2- Is 0⁰=1?
0^0 is classified as 1 or undefined.
Any number to the 0 power is 1.
I'm not sure how to explain it in simple terms, but you should have learned about the law of exponents:
x^a/x^b is the same things as x^a - b (basically you're subtracting the exponents)
Here's an example with real numbers:
2/2 = 1 ... right?
But 2/2 can also be thought of as 2^1/2^1, which still equals 1
So, the law of exponents tell us that 2^1-1 = 1
Now you see why 2^0 = 1
@Mister_Holdout said:0^0 is classified as 1 or undefined.Any number to the 0 power is 1.I'm not sure how to explain it in simple terms, but you should have learned about the law of exponents:x^a/x^b is the same things as x^a - b (basically you're subtracting the exponents)Here's an example with real numbers:2/2 = 1 ... right?But 2/2 can also be thought of as 2^1/2^1, which still equals 1So, the law of exponents tell us that 2^1-1 = 1Now you see why 2^0 = 1
@Mister_Holdout said:
Yea I was going to say anything to the power of 0 is 1.
Read THIS post.Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
0^0 is classified as 1 or undefined.
Any number to the 0 power is 1.
I'm not sure how to explain it in simple terms, but you should have learned about the law of exponents:
x^a/x^b is the same things as x^a - b (basically you're subtracting the exponents)
Here's an example with real numbers:
2/2 = 1 ... right?
But 2/2 can also be thought of as 2^1/2^1, which still equals 1
So, the law of exponents tell us that 2^1-1 = 1
Now you see why 2^0 = 1
Yea I was going to say anything to the power of 0 is 1.