Freddy talk
He's fun for me but yes only fun for me brcbeca I just love Freddy before this game existed I loved him so i'll play him regardless. If not I'd probably never play him. I think considering his power and such he should be generally faster. I think also maybe reverting his nerfs before and a few extra buffs could put him in a good spot. I play on PS4 so i can't speak for him before the nerf because he was immediately nerfed due to complaints and I've heard plenty of times that he wasn't op to begin with. So I think if you want to fix freddy you should revert the nerfs first and not always if ever listen to new players because coming from them all killers can be overpowered.
Comments
As a rank 4 killer and Freddy main I can tell you that he isn't as bad as people say he is. Sure his perks aren't the best, Fire Up needs needs some numbers to be tweaked. I am thinking something like 20% increased action speed on tier 3 in order to keep it balanced between itself and Brutal Strength. Blood Warden is very situational and Remember Me is actually good.
In terms of his power I think he needs to have the time to put people reduced by a 1-2 seconds to make it a little bit more threatening. People just sit on gens right in front of him and complete them because of how long it is. But of course Freddy is a god apparently at level 20 so I doubt that will happen.
One thing that really tilts me is the fact he cannot pick up survivors that are down when they are being revived by someone who is not in the dream world. You cant hit that person and by the time you have put them to sleep it is too late. It is the dumbest thing and it can completely ruin you. Other than this I think he is fine.
Just remember to sleep people whenever you get the chance, if you're chasing someone and you see an awake survivor just sleep them and keep going. By doing this you slow down the game without even doing anything as a result of their reduced action speed in the dream world or forcing them to miss skill checks on purpose.
Finally, you are the killer you make up the rules. If you are using remember me, target or tunnel the obsession. By Freddy's design he needs to apply pressure quickly against high level survivors or gens will be getting done left right and centre. By tunneling the obsession while running Remember Me you are increasing the time the gates take to open which allows you to shred them in the late game using a perk called No One Escapes Death. At this point people start getting steam rolled and and attempts of altruism will result in another downed survivor. I have found that without using Remember Me games become a lot harder so for me it is a must have perk.
I run: Iron Grasp (Level 3), Remember Me (Level 3), No One Escapes Death (Level 3) and Thanataphobia (Level 3)
Also (even tho idont have it) I like Dying Light with Freddy.
Devs also always mention that they knew about the community having issues with Freddy and even different buff ideas, that are floating around in their heads. Also when they talked about the upcoming Wraith changes they said they did Wraith before Freddy, because it was easier to achieve with the ressources they have avaible right now.
Freddy changes will come for sure. My guess it will be the upcoming MidChapter patch in october. The only thing that we shouldn't expect him to become is a top tier killer. Just better/closer towards the midtier ones.
God, Please buff Freddy.
Because there's 4 Survivors for one Killer, and sadly it happen that 90% of the survivor's community are toxic man-child/brats.
"Because they bring more money, we don't want to stress them you know..."
The reason why this game is doomed from the get go.
Would you say Bitter Murmur, BBQ and chilli, NOED and remember me is a good build on freddy? been using it recently with some decent results
In high ranks when you play freddy, wraith and trapper, people assume that you have NOED and go for a totem hunting. I stopped using NOED for my freddy long time ago.
Although bitter murmur is really good on freddy, I generally prefer BBQ enduring, bamboozle and remember me.