Psycho Chapter?

isnt That classic and iconic?

Comments

  • *it created slasher films* so it changed the horror genre

  • Texas chainsaw massacre is the father of slasher movies.

    If you wanna say "created slashers" there are influences from way before psycho.

    But TCM is the movie that said "this is what a slasher is".

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Texas chainsaw massacre is the father of slasher movies.

    If you wanna say "created slashers" there are influences from way before psycho.

    But TCM is the movie that said "this is what a slasher is".

    Isnโ€™t Psycho classic and iconic ? Also

    Psycho came out in 1960 Texas chainsaw came out like 13 years later or somewhere around there

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Texas chainsaw massacre is the father of slasher movies.

    If you wanna say "created slashers" there are influences from way before psycho.

    But TCM is the movie that said "this is what a slasher is".

    What? TCM has none of the slasher tropes that became popular outside of the "final girl."

    Black Christmas came out the same year as TCM and has all of the tropes of a slasher. Halloween ripped Black Christmas off and brought slashers to the main stream (as it was a little better). Halloween in turn gave birth to the slasher craze and we got F13 and NMOES (along with hundreds of others that copied the format). So if anything, Halloween is the father of Slashers, with Black Christmas being the grandfather and Psycho being the great grandfather.

    TCM is more closely related to a grindhouse film than a classic slasher. Dont get me wrong its a dang classic but no, it didnt define slashers.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279190#Comment_1279190

    Isnโ€™t Psycho classic and iconic ? Also

    Psycho came out in 1960 Texas chainsaw came out like 13 years later or somewhere around there

    It is. Never said it wasn't.

    Yes, and if you read my comment, you'll see that the time tcm came out compared to psycho isn't the point.

    @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279190#Comment_1279190

    What? TCM has none of the slasher tropes that became popular outside of the "final girl."

    Black Christmas came out the same year as TCM and has all of the tropes of a slasher. Halloween ripped Black Christmas off and brought slashers to the main stream (as it was a little better). Halloween in turn gave birth to the slasher craze and we got F13 and NMOES (along with hundreds of others that copied the format). So if anything, Halloween is the father of Slashers, with Black Christmas being the grandfather and Psycho being the great grandfather.

    TCM is more closely related to a grindhouse film than a classic slasher. Dont get me wrong its a dang classic but no, it didnt define slashers.

    Killer in a mask, killer doesn't speak, kills "teenagers", final girl, iconic weapon, surprise kills...

    I think it has more of the tropes than you give it credit for.

    But yes, halloween is the one that made slashers popular.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279199#Comment_1279199

    It is. Never said it wasn't.

    Yes, and if you read my comment, you'll see that the time tcm came out compared to psycho isn't the point.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279208#Comment_1279208

    Killer in a mask, killer doesn't speak, kills "teenagers", final girl, iconic weapon, surprise kills...

    I think it has more of the tropes than you give it credit for.

    But yes, halloween is the one that made slashers popular.

    Sure, but its just a verifiable fact that halloween ripped off black christmas (ripped off sounds like im putting it down when i dont mean to). It was originally going to be a sequel and carpentar decided to do his own thing. Black christmas didnt rip off tcm, they came out the same year. All im saying is while tcm may have influenced later films, it didnt define slashers. Black Christmas did popularized by halloween.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279212#Comment_1279212

    Sure, but its just a verifiable fact that halloween ripped off black christmas (ripped off sounds like im putting it down when i dont mean to). It was originally going to be a sequel and carpentar decided to do his own thing. Black christmas didnt rip off tcm, they came out the same year. All im saying is while tcm may have influenced later films, it didnt define slashers. Black Christmas did popularized by halloween.

    I don't think I watched black christmas, I think I meant to, but forgot about it.

    Halloween is one of my favorites horror movies, so if it ripped off black christmas, I will probably enjoy it.


    Maybe "defined" was too strong of a word to use... but TCMs influence on the rest of the genre can't be denied. I'll watch black xmas before commenting on it's influence ๐Ÿ‘.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279220#Comment_1279220

    I don't think I watched black christmas, I think I meant to, but forgot about it.

    Halloween is one of my favorites horror movies, so if it ripped off black christmas, I will probably enjoy it.

    Maybe "defined" was too strong of a word to use... but TCMs influence on the rest of the genre can't be denied. I'll watch black xmas before commenting on it's influence ๐Ÿ‘.

    Oh man, its so good. Make sure youre watching the original from 1974 and not either of the trash remakes. And when you see it youll see what i mean. Its every slasher youve ever seen only it did it first. So good, I watch it every christmas. TCM influenced a lot, wont deny that. Youre comment just took me by suprise because Ive never seen someone say that before. ๐Ÿ˜Š