PS4 - No HUD while playing as Survivor

Have had this issue happen several times before. It's pretty random since it has happened while using different survivors against different killers on different maps both solo and swf. From the start of the match I have no HUD (some occasions the map name stays). When I do actions there is no prompt for the action and it does not show my progress/skill checks when performing actions. When I spectate after being sacrificed I can see the HUD for my teammates. Times I've played swf my teammates have said they have a HUD when I did not.

Steps to recreate:

Step 1 : Boot the game

Step 2 : Play as survivor in a public match - can be solo or swf, any survivor, any map.

Step 3 : When game starts there is no HUD, sometimes the map name will stay for the entire match.

Step 4 : Cleanse totem/search chest to see no progress bar pop up. Work on a gen and skill checks will not appear when there is a sound for them. No notification for dropping pallet/vaulting. Wiggle does not show when picked up by killer. Etc.

PS_Messages_20200512_192733.jpg


Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Just had another match where I had no HUD but the map name stayed the whole match. Different killer, different map. Killer this time was Doctor so I could not snap out of it without tapping to avoid skill checks.

    PS_Messages_20200521_192940.jpg PS_Messages_20200521_192943.jpg PS_Messages_20200521_192946.jpg PS_Messages_20200521_192948.jpg


  • @JButler9182 said:

    I have no idea how this bug occurred, but I just loaded into a match as Survivor on PS4, and I had no UI. I couldn’t see my skills, my teammates at the bottom left, i couldn’t see button prompts or skill checks. Because of this, I couldn’t do anything to help my team, since I couldn’t see skill checks.


  • 6 months later and this is still an issue for me on PS4, it happens about twice a month as survivor. Here are screenshots from match I just had with no HUD.

    PS_App_20201211_012846.jpeg PS_App_20201211_012841.jpeg PS_App_20201211_012836.jpeg PS_App_20201211_012831.jpeg PS_App_20201211_012826.jpeg PS_App_20201211_012818.jpeg PS_App_20201211_012811.jpeg


  • Has happened to me on steam, PS4 and PS5. No rhyme or reason that’s readily identifiable on my part

  • No HUD again. Feel bad for the randoms I'm paired with because I'm pretty much useless aside from being chased by killer or unhooking. Can't heal or work gens efficiently because I can't see the skill checks, can only guess and hope I'll hit it when I hear the sound go off.

    PS_App_20201213_065730.jpeg PS_App_20201213_065725.jpeg PS_App_20201213_065720.jpeg PS_App_20201213_065715.jpeg PS_App_20201213_065710.jpeg