Why was I always able to attempt DS skill check twice?

So I never run decisive because I couldn’t hit the skill checks. My group always insisted you’re not suppose to get a second chance at the skill check if you miss it, which I always did but was still never able to hit it. I changed my skill check button to the X button and I was able to hit them almost every time the first chance I got, but the time I missed it never gave me the second chance. I am wondering if I had a glitch this whole time having it set to L1 that caused me to be unable to even hit DS? As in it didn’t even process me hitting the skill check? What was the issue?

Comments

  • It sounds like the game wasn't processing your input and assumes that you opted not to attempt the DS escape. The game decides this when you let the skill check run all the way and this allows you to save your DS for later. Are you sure you were pressing the right button?

  • Sometimes if you miss it late, badly, it wont register the attempt.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    It sounds like the game wasn't processing your input and assumes that you opted not to attempt the DS escape. The game decides this when you let the skill check run all the way and this allows you to save your DS for later. Are you sure you were pressing the right button?

    Well I have switched to L1 again to test it. Went in a private match, missed it on purpose and it never have me the second chance again so idk

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273747#Comment_1273747

    Well I have switched to L1 again to test it. Went in a private match, missed it on purpose and it never have me the second chance again so idk

    You don't need to miss it, you need to let it scroll by all the way without pressing the skill check button.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273754#Comment_1273754

    You don't need to miss it, you need to let it scroll by all the way without pressing the skill check button.

    Well I would attempt to hit it but it would give me a second chance. No matter how many attempts I tried, I could not hit the skill check both times. Now that I switched the controls around I can hit it every time, and when I miss I don’t get that same second chance.

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273767#Comment_1273767

    Well I would attempt to hit it but it would give me a second chance. No matter how many attempts I tried, I could not hit the skill check both times. Now that I switched the controls around I can hit it every time, and when I miss I don’t get that same second chance.

    Like I said you were somehow letting the skillcheck scroll by entirely, probably because of a controller error or something.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273778#Comment_1273778

    Like I said you were somehow letting the skillcheck scroll by entirely, probably because of a controller error or something.

    I feel like it was the game itself, I just know it’s fixed now. Just wondering what even caused that to happen. It’s confusing and kind of interesting

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    So I never run decisive because I couldn’t hit the skill checks. My group always insisted you’re not suppose to get a second chance at the skill check if you miss it, which I always did but was still never able to hit it. I changed my skill check button to the X button and I was able to hit them almost every time the first chance I got, but the time I missed it never gave me the second chance. I am wondering if I had a glitch this whole time having it set to L1 that caused me to be unable to even hit DS? As in it didn’t even process me hitting the skill check? What was the issue?

    If you let the skillcheck pass completely without pressing the button it will give you a second chance.

    If you miss it the first time you can never have it the second time, there is a small delay at the end of the skillcheck where the window is still up

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152353/why-was-i-always-able-to-attempt-ds-skill-check-twice

    If you let the skillcheck pass completely without pressing the button it will give you a second chance.

    If you miss it the first time you can never have it the second time, there is a small delay at the end of the skillcheck where the window is still up

    There is no way I was letting it go by the dozens of times I attempted in private matches, 2 times per match. I had to have been glitched. It never ever let me hit it until I switched the controls. It always gave me that second chance regardless of me attempting to hit it. Now that I switched it back to L1 it lets me hit it, and I rarely miss. It just didn’t process it but im wondering why

  • @MrsGhostface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273803#Comment_1273803

    There is no way I was letting it go by the dozens of times I attempted in private matches, 2 times per match. I had to have been glitched. It never ever let me hit it until I switched the controls. It always gave me that second chance regardless of me attempting to hit it. Now that I switched it back to L1 it lets me hit it, and I rarely miss. It just didn’t process it but im wondering why

    Probably just your average dbd bug

  • Y ou get the second chance ONLY if you let it pass THE FIRST TIME without PRESSING THE BUTTON WHATSOEVER. Otherwise you don't get a second chance if you miss it its gone if you hit it too early its gone, if you hit it too late its gone, ONLY and I mean ONLY do you get a second chance if you just let it pass without pressing anything.