Underrated Perks Pt. 3: Stake Out
I'm starting a series of discussion posts about perks that I think are underappreciated and players should try using more often. For all of these posts, feel free to give your thoughts on if you agree and why, or why you think the perk is meh.
I'm not entirely sure if Stake Out is underrated anymore, but I was using it long before it was cool, so I'll include it. This perk rewards you for evading the killer and avoiding chases with tokens that make Good Skill Checks count as Great Skill Checks. This perk was always my favorite Tapp perk when I started playing DBD, and I have stuck by it since then. It makes both healing and generator repairs faster, since you will always encounter skill checks at some point in your match.
Some people might consider it a crutch perk for survivors who can't hit Great Skill Checks, but the joke's on them, because it's since been buffed to give an extra 1% progression to skill checks, so they're just missing out.
Another thing that's cool about this perk is that it acts as a sort of Spine Chill Lite, alerting you the moment you enter the Killer's terror radius. (Spine Chill is obviously more reliable though, and I would have made a post talking about Spine Chill if it weren't for the fact that I actually see it used fairly often.)
The obvious caveat here is that it loses effectiveness against Killers with smaller terror radii or builds that remove the terror radius. But overall, Stake Out is a perk that has pretty much never let me down. Thank you for existing Stake Out. ๐
What does everyone think?
Comments