Why I cant fast vault while pressing w+shift+space?

I changed to forward key from w to anything else and it worked,the thing is i'm used with w being my forward key in pretty much any game,can anyone tell me why it doesn't work?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • We'd need a bit more context to give a complete answer, since there could be a bunch of explanations. The fact that switching to a different key solved the problem suggests that it's a hardware issue, though. If possible, try playing with a different keyboard and see if the problem persists.

  • @Fibijean said:

    We'd need a bit more context to give a complete answer, since there could be a bunch of explanations. The fact that switching to a different key solved the problem suggests that it's a hardware issue, though. If possible, try playing with a different keyboard and see if the problem persists.

    the shift+w+space combination doesn't work,I switched all the keys and it works,it might be my keyboard,just wondering if there's a fix

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268251#Comment_1268251

    the shift+w+space combination doesn't work,I switched all the keys and it works,it might be my keyboard,just wondering if there's a fix

    If it is a hardware problem, and you don't want to use different key bindings, the only fix would be to use a different keyboard. That's why I suggested that you try a different keyboard, even if it means temporarily borrowing one from a family member, just to check whether the problem is indeed your hardware.

    The only other thing I can think of is maybe clean your keyboard, and those three keys in particular - check under the keys for any obstructions, like crumbs or something, that might be preventing the keys from working properly.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268258#Comment_1268258

    If it is a hardware problem, and you don't want to use different key bindings, the only fix would be to use a different keyboard. That's why I suggested that you try a different keyboard, even if it means temporarily borrowing one from a family member, just to check whether the problem is indeed your hardware.

    The only other thing I can think of is maybe clean your keyboard, and those three keys in particular - check under the keys for any obstructions, like crumbs or something, that might be preventing the keys from working properly.

    keys work as intrended except when I press them together,it works when I switch one of the keys but yeah that combination doesn't work

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268269#Comment_1268269

    keys work as intrended except when I press them together,it works when I switch one of the keys but yeah that combination doesn't work

    Well, try it with a different keyboard first if you can. If that doesn't work, that means it's probably a software issue, but at least you'll have eliminated one of the possibilities.