Devs are probably testing their hidden MMR right now

They said in the livestreasm that they would be testing it on different platforms but just not saying anything. And for the mid-chapter patch on Xbox, it was 13GB. Way too much for the simple bug fixes, and matchmaking times have been significantly reduced. (As in 30 seconds instead of 10 minutes.) So, they’ve done something with the latest patch that they haven’t included in the patch notes. I personally think it’s either testing crossplay or the hidden MMR system. But I don’t know.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I assume they're testing the hidden MMR system when they connect me to Canadian or Mexican servers and give me 100+ ping instead of my usual 50.

  • Quite likely. As you pointed out, they did say in the livestream that they had been conducting these tests, and it would make sense to be enabling it for short bursts in advance in order to allow the system to gather data on different players in preparation for the official launch of the system, so that when it does fully replace the current system, the numbers won't be completely haywire for the first couple of weeks.

  • Would be nice, and I hope it comes out within the next couple of months. I have no intent to play again until this rank-as-matchmaker is dead and buried, and am awaiting the MMR system.