Does Oni have to have IF?

I feel like every Oni I've ever came up against runs Infectious Fright. I know its really good on him but is it a must? I don't have the plague DLC but I really want to play Oni and especially since the characters are half off rn. Maybe you guys know some good Oni builds? Thanks!

Comments

  • It helps him snowball in his power and there isn't a real reason not to run it on him either

  • It's a great perk on him but it isn't a must. I've seen great Onis who don't run it.

    I'd reccomend Sloppy and Monitor & Abuse (if you have M&A) as they're very good perks for him.

  • @ChainsawCharlie said:

    Nah I never run it on him and I always wreck the house. It's definitely not a MUST have, but there's no denying it synergizes with his Power. I run:

    BBQ

    Discordance

    Ruin

    Monitor and Abuse

    The only reason I run Ruin is because I'm usually pretty good at chasing people off of gens, especially with Discordance or BBQ up, and then you Demon Dash and get them off, don't have to worry about kicking it, and can just chase and smash. You can run Corrupt Intervention instead of Ruin if you want, or you can switch Discordance out for Surveillance to maximize the power of your Ruin and knowing which generator to Demon Dash to.

    See now this is a build I can run and have all the perks. Looks strong! Okay you convinced me im buying Oni tonight and leveling him up. Thank you!

  • It is certainly helpful but not needed. No perk has ever been needed on anyone.

  • I don't use it, but the reason you see it a lot is because it synergizes well with his power, which is an instadown on a timer.

    I feel that all I need on him is corrupt, the rest is really up to you. Any combo of tracking and/or chasing perks will do.

  • Well considering his power is literally designed for snowballing and slugging, and slugging is the only way of having some kind of pressure now it's pretty necessary imo.

  • Pretty much.