Just a conclusion.

Hello all. Never made an account for the forums in all my time of playing because some things spoken here just make no sense or make me chuckle. Anyhow, I just wanted to give some people who clearly need to hear this an awakening.

Now for the last I would say year or so, I was one of those people who played as the people around here say 'Sweaty' non stop. Trying my best to always get the 4K. (Being a killer main but also dabbling in survivor enough to consistently hit rank 3 every month just not quite rank 1 for the survivor friends.) Not even being generous enough to let people get the hatch if they played well or take em to the door. My motto was 'I'm the killer, you die. No one survives on my watch.'


Now did it always work? Course not. I won't lie an say I always got the 4k, I always got the perfect 32k game. I average at least 2 kills per game which isn't the best by a long shot, but I have kept consistently getting to rank 1. Fast forward to now. I was always stressed, playing the killer started to lose it's fun, I started second guessing my chases and etc. Deranked, more stress, more aggravation. More teabags (However I find them funny. I don't blame survivors for doing it since us killers aren't angels. Literally.)


It got the point, to where I said "You know what? Hell with ranks. I'm not gonna sweat anymore, I'm just gonna do builds I find fun and just jump scare and have fun with survivors. Hell, even let some live." Weird thing happened. I started enjoying this game more again, like when I first played it. I reward survivors now who play well or loop me into the galaxy. I don't get mad anymore, or stressed. Granted the game ain't perfect, but I found a way to have the same old fun I use to, probably even more. I dont get hate mail anymore, In fact made more friends. So what I am saying is, instead of all this "You played toxic" or "You are such a try hard" Just go into a game with "Lets have fun" mindset and not the "I will win at all costs." You might be surprised at what happens. Just something I felt I should just say on here. Happy killing and surviving.


Why did I write this? Some people need to hear it who just seem so upset at things in the game that aren't in their control or things that are and could be. Plus, just seemed right. I don't know. Haha. Anyways, take it for what it is.

Comments

  • I really enjoyed reading about your journey from sweat to fun. If people stopped taking things too seriously in this game and got rid of the "us vs them" mentality (which is unfortunately spread by certain "talented" streamers) everyone would have way more fun in the long run.

    On top of that people would play more frequently resulting in quicker queue times.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I really enjoyed reading about your journey from sweat to fun. If people stopped taking things too seriously in this game and got rid of the "us vs them" mentality (which is unfortunately spread by certain "talented" streamers) everyone would have way more fun in the long run.

    On top of that people would play more frequently resulting in quicker queue times.

    I agree. I understand people want to be rank 1 to show off their skill. However when you stop thinking of ranks and just play to have fun, it changes how the game feels, at least it did for me.

  • These are the kind of players we need. They don't play for the win, their no toxic, but rather they play for fun and play fair.

  • @Vyra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1252054#Comment_1252054

    I agree. I understand people want to be rank 1 to show off their skill. However when you stop thinking of ranks and just play to have fun, it changes how the game feels, at least it did for me.

    Ya rank has never meant much to me. I did notice that as survivor I have a ton more fun not caring and as killer I have way more fun learning gimmicks.