Severe rank mismatching in trials

I play both killer and survivor and find that lately my rank 16 has been matched with both a rank 2 and 4 and my rank 20 had to match with a rank 1. I like this game, but this can be a real issue with new players (I am fairly new myself). There are some pretty toxic players out there, both killer and survivor, and can discourage a new player from playing. I am not trying to sound as if I am complaining, but merely making a suggestion to even out the rank matching.

Comments

  • Rank is literally just a number that shows how long you have played the game. Sure, higher ranks mostly play better than lower ranks, but that doesn't mean that a full rank 1 lobby is a lobby of 5 people that are good at the game. Maybe you have a half decent killer, 1 or 2 very good survivors, 1 or 2 meh survivors, and the obligatory Blendette self-caring in a corner against Sloppy, Thana, Coulrophobia and Dying Light that also thinks she booted up minesweeper and is wondering why a bomb hasn't gone off.

    I got hit by the derank bug back in Feb, went from red ranks to rank 16, and my games really didn't change much as I slogged back through the ranks I don't belong at, through the ranks I actually belong at, and into ranks I once again don't belong at.