What even are these servers or these hitboxes with windows??

I got hit through a window from a VERY noticeable distance, i understand if im right there or if im maybe a foot or two or way but i was at least a good 7 feet from that window and the legion player just swiped the ######### window and downed me. I dont even have the clip to show the bullshit and it definitely isnt latency i was too far from that damn window and it didnt do the usual pull me back to the window to show the killer's POV of where i actually was so #########?? This player has gotten hits like this all game from extended ranges.

Comments

  • @daddymyers3 said:

    well, you can have 1ms but if the killer has 500ms it will hit you cause the killer is laggy and the killer is still the hit detector (which makes no sense to me)

    I've noticed also when i play killer and people vault shack window as i did if you swipe at it from a diagonal angle you usually still get the hit and i've had people be on my screen visually near the center of the shack after vaulting the window and i still get the hit. Something about that isnt working right.

  • The hitboxes haven't changed whatsoever, it's just latency and lag.... my brother and I went into a custom game and tested hitboxes (including Huntress hatchet hitboxes), and they're completely fine. Definitely just the killers' bad internet!

    However, I do have a suspicion that average height killers (Legion, Freddy, Pig, e.t.c.) have slightly longer lunge ranges than tall killers. I've been hit many times in situations that a tall killer would not have hit me.... but that could just be my imagination ๐Ÿ˜

  • @daddymyers3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1250718#Comment_1250718

    Same, if some hits on my killer screen looks bs than that means hitboxes are broken.. it doesn't happen that often but ik it's bs for the survivor.

    they should make dedicated servers be the hit detector.

    facts.

  • Yeah, I keep getting hit at the other side of the pallets, or through windows like you. Been so triggering since I get downed when I shouldn't.