Why I hate No ED (as a Rank 1 Killer)

No ED rewards killers for having no map pressure and punishes Survivors for being altruistic in endgame.

In theory, No ED should secure one kill in endgame because it's too hard for Survivors to save the person that gets downed once the gates are powered and they should just leave. Very similar to Rancor (no saving the Obession. They pretty much auto-die).

But Survivors feel morally obligated to attempt to help people and usually don't just leave... so the real power of the perk comes from preying on Survivors trying to help their teammates. The game is already over and the Survivors tend to just throw themselves into bad scenarios... which gives Killers much more than they really deserve at that point.

Comments

  • I think that's something that survivors need to learn how to gauge, though. At this point, if I see NOED proc, I'll go searching for the totem, otherwise I'll Ieave. I feel like unless you've got a Styptic Agent and Borrowed Time and can run some crazy play with that, it's not worth it. I don't blame killers when survivors make stupid plays - I blame survivors. In general survivors just need to realize some people have to die for others to escape, and as a survivor, I will fully accept being sacrificed if it means the other three escape.

  • i just hate the perk as a rank 1 killer because its pointless, i would get much more use out of another perk. NOED to me is a perk used when youre expecting to do bad, i strive to have the game finished or pretty much over by the time NOED would be active and usually it is as the only time multiple people are alive at endgame is meta swf or i didnt bother slugging. not to mention whenever i go against noed they get one hook before its destroyed if all totems havent already been destroyed