Frozen While Hooking

Platform: PC

The issue I had was found at this link, first paragraph:

@GoshJosh said:

Playing as killer, a survivor was attempting to sabotage a hook while I was carrying a survivor. I had already began the hooking process (progress bar came up for hooking action); yet in proper Dead by Daylight fashion, the game froze for a few seconds, and the survivor still got the sabotage off.

Further infuriating is that this was his second hook sabotage during the carry, so the survivor wiggled off. Perhaps I misunderstood that "The Sabotage action has a cool-down of 90/75/60 seconds." Does this mean from the Saboteur perk only? Clarification is needed in the perk description if so.

Marked as not a bug(first half of this report is the issue) yet being locked in place because you started hooking and someone started sabotaging the hook is most definitely a bug. Dedicated server issue or not, a killer should not be frozen/punished for starting a hook before a survivor starts sabotaging.

Easy solution would be to cancel the animation when the progression bar stops being filled without completion. I.e. it takes ~1-2 seconds to hook someone, so if they aren't hooked in that time the client is freed from the animation. Or just make the hooking animation a controlled one so you can cancel out of it at any time.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Just experienced the same glitch, began hooking process and survivor began sabo and I was just frozen with no progress on the "Hooking" meter