My thoughts on DBD so far
1. New update, would be fun, except I got Sanctum of Wrath and the Family Estate, the worst designed maps in the game, EVERY GAME FOR 5 GAMES. (Srsly, they look nice, but theyre ass to play. Hate them more than I hate getting DSed by someone fully healed who I forgot that I hooked before)
2. Deathslinger is essentially the Saint of Killers from Preacher. Appearance is very similar, damn near lawsuit levels.
3. New update makes killer great again. Even tho genrush is still meta, as the patch didnt bother with solo gen speeds yet, I had the most fun as Killer, even on the worst maps in DBDs existance, then Ive had in months. I was able to actually get a hook and start chasing someone else by the time the first gen popped at Rank One.
Comments
i just discover a cool character thanks
As someone who works with copyright and trademark as a core part of my living (I'm an author who's worked in fiction, comics, table-top RPG, video games, and television), there are enough subtle differences between Deathslinger and Saint that it isn't a violation. And I am speaking for Saint from both the original comic series and the television show.
Never mind that such a cowboy look is hardly unique. Various visual interpretations of Jonah Hex predated Saint, even. Never mind some of the artwork in the Deadlands RPG dating all the way back to the 1990s, which came out less than a year after Preacher started publication.
Dude, thats actually incredible. Have you ever worked on anything mainstream?
That kind of makes my job sound boring ngl.
In the 90s I worked on Highlander: The Series, edited early Star Wars novels for Bantam, and worked on an Evil Dead license.