In-Game Perk Store Idea/Discussion

Hi, everyone!


To give some quick background information about myself, I am someone who has been playing DbD since 2017. Although I used to play quite frequently, I now play more casually. I truly enjoy playing this game, but there is one thing that prevents me from being completely satisfied with it:


The grind.


Although the grind is not as bad as it used to be, it is still not great. It also makes it very hard to be able to jump into the game and play just a single match as a killer or survivor with a perk setup that satisfies you. This issue is especially real for new characters whom, due to random blood web spawns, you must often put excessive amounts of blood points into to unlock just one perk you want. Not everyone has the time to unlock every perk they wish on each character they want to play, and it can feel discouraging when you pour a large number of bloodpoints into a survivor or killer and do not even get the first tier of a perk you would like. Because of this, I feel that the game would greatly benefit from an in-game perk store. I will give some detail below on a system that I feel would make obtaining desired perks easier but also keep the traditional aspect of the game's bloodweb progression alive. Please note that this system is just my suggestion. Please feel free to share your ideas!


The new system:


Perks are now buyable via auric cells in a special section of the in-game store. Any perks you buy from this store are automatically at tier 3 regardless of whether you possess lower levels of the perk already.


To buy teachable perks in this store, you must first unlock them via the traditional method of leveling the character who has the teachable you want to the necessary level and buying that teachable from their blood web or from unlocking the perk via the shrine of secrets. This method prevents the game from being entirely pay-to-win and means that you still need to play enough to earn enough bloodpoints to level the character and unlock each teachable. You must also level the character traditionally to unlock any items or add-ons you would like


Please let me know what you think of this idea, and what suggestions you may have! I am looking to create a respectful discussion on this topic, and any feedback is appreciated. 

Comments