Will Dead by Daylight ever have an offline mode or will the game at least be around for a long time?

This is probably a dumb question that im sure has been asked alot but I have recently got into Dead by Daylight and I am very addicted. It being a four year old game already im concerned with server support dropping eventually and rendering it unplayable in the future. Has anyone heard from the devs about eventually adding bots or some form of gameplay so it won't end up like Mag? If not, has anyone heard about how long the devs plan on supporting online? I understand it's based on player number but was wondering if anyone has heard anything. Thanks

Comments

  • Despite what you might read around here, and despite the myriad issues I have with the game myself, the reality is that DbD is in no danger of going away any time soon. BHVR has stated the game is profitable and growing, even to the point that it was stated by Devs over the now closed down Deathgarden game by BHVR that while it was open and struggling, money from DbD was being used to prop that game up for them.

    So, DbD is doing fine for BHVR and will be around for several more years to come.

  • the only way the game will “end” is when the devs run out of ideas for killer powers. there’s only so much they can do before they start getting burnt out or just straight up copy a killers power.

    when it’ll happen idk but it will eventually. 😔

  • @xCarrie said:

    the only way the game will “end” is when the devs run out of ideas for killer powers. there’s only so much they can do before they start getting burnt out or just straight up copy a killers power.

    when it’ll happen idk but it will eventually. 😔

    Eventually. But I also wouldn't be surprised if before that point arrives, since they would see it coming long before we do on the outside, that they start working on a Dead by Daylight sequel that takes the game into a new direction.

    Unless something comes along that lasts more than a few months to a year, DbD is still the king of the asymmetrical genre, so I can't see BHVR abandoning the I.P. and concept any time soon.