Why survivors make noise close to the opened exit gate?

I’m just wondering whats the purpose of it? Does it have a meaning? Any idea?

Comments

  • So if the killer can't see it but can hear it, they know that they have to go to it incase no one else is there.

  • Mainly to bait the killer telling them they found the gate/hatch and want them to see them leave.

  • @VicThor said:

    I’m just wondering whats the purpose of it? Does it have a meaning? Any idea?

    Its 99% just as an ego boost to let the killer know you are at the gate/hatch and want to waste as much time as possible before actually leaving.

    The other 1% is to create lots of noise to help a teammate escape a chase.

    99% of people are simply horrible.

  • It's just another toxic little thing some people in massively advantageous positions like to do because they know it's completely safe. Lump it in with the same crew that t-bags at exit gates and at safe pallets/god windows.

  • Most of the time to be jerks. Though sometimes it's to draw the killers attention to help a teammate.

  • I always thought they did it to draw the killer to the exit gate, so any other survivors at the other gate had time to open it, never saw it as a toxic thing tbh

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/146446/why-survivors-make-noise-close-to-the-opened-exit-gate

    Its 99% just as an ego boost to let the killer know you are at the gate/hatch and want to waste as much time as possible before actually leaving.

    The other 1% is to create lots of noise to help a teammate escape a chase.

    99% of people are simply horrible.

    I tend to do it so the killer can come and hit me a few times before I escape so he can have some bonus bloodpoints.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/146446/why-survivors-make-noise-close-to-the-opened-exit-gate

    Its 99% just as an ego boost to let the killer know you are at the gate/hatch and want to waste as much time as possible before actually leaving.

    The other 1% is to create lots of noise to help a teammate escape a chase.

    99% of people are simply horrible.

    Not even I do that, I just open em and I’m outta here. No need to stay and waste time or t-bag and even hopefully have blood warden used against you.