The Memento Mori

"AnOtHeR mOrI pOsT wIlL sURVivOR MaInS sHUT uP"- Probably someone in the comments




Conversation about the Mori's balance

The Mori is what I call a "Glass" item. What that means is the Mori is EXTREMELY hard to balance without making them either stronger or a waste of time, sort of like the killers Nurse and Spirit, Spirit is actually shown right now that with the sound bugs DBD has, she is extremely hard to play as while being slightly easier to play against, which is why she is harder to balance than the other killers. The Mori however has multiple issues, with one being how easy it is to confirm one kill via camping or tunneling as the Mori applies huge pressure.


Throwing out all the other balance ideas that i can think of

The "survivors can only be killed after being hooked twice" is a horrid idea, with Hooking a survivor being safer than killing the survivor straight off the bat. "Timer balance" is also a bad idea, but a rare one that is. What this does is makes a survivor killable 60 seconds after being unhook, which allows DS to work...but this also suffers from the most common DS issue with slugging for it to work and this hard nerfs Mori's in a bad way.


Balancing all the mori's perfectly

Cypress Mori- currently Cypress Mori is the weakest, only being able to kill the final survivor. This will now be the basekit for all killers and the new Cypress Mori does the following: Upon hooking the targeted survivor twice you can mori said survivor, all survivors must be hooked atleast once, works once per trial. "DiDnT yOu SaY tHaT tHiS wOuLd Be A bAd iDeA?", yes I did, however the ideas people had aimed towards the Ebony Mori, and this is now still safe to use, while applying big pressure.


Ivory Mori- This is an extremely tunnel heavy mori, lets change that shall we. You can now kill 2 survivors, but only if all survivors are hooked atleast once. This literally will NOT work if you tunnel a survivor off hook and only works on survivors that have been hooked, allowing a fighting chance.


Ebony Mori- Oh this one is hard as hell. This mori is the hardest mori to change for the amount of pressure it sets out so here is this idea. Upon hooking all survivors once will you be able to mori them all. This forces you to hook everyone before the slaughter begins.






I am planning something for keys, because keys have some issues too that I want changed



EDIT: Balancing changes to Ivory Mori so it wasn't stronger than the Ebony

Comments

  • This makes Ivory better than Ebony, Ivory requires less effort and less hooks.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    This makes Ivory better than Ebony, Ivory requires less effort and less hooks.

    Exactly why I mentioned in a prior thing that these fall under "glass" items. These are stupidly hard to balance properly so my excuse for this shall be "While the Ivory can only kill 2 and requires you to hook 3 survivors over all, the Ebony requires 4 hooks to kill them all"

    If I can think of a way to make the ivory actually a good while also not being too good I will edit the original post to show a better version, but making the total hooks 4 for 2 survivors could work better than 3, but this was a mori I took way too long to think off and struggled to make a good way to make it useful

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232677#Comment_1232677

    Exactly why I mentioned in a prior thing that these fall under "glass" items. These are stupidly hard to balance properly so my excuse for this shall be "While the Ivory can only kill 2 and requires you to hook 3 survivors over all, the Ebony requires 4 hooks to kill them all"

    If I can think of a way to make the ivory actually a good while also not being too good I will edit the original post to show a better version, but making the total hooks 4 for 2 survivors could work better than 3, but this was a mori I took way too long to think off and struggled to make a good way to make it useful

    I think ebony but limited to 1 or 2 moris would be pretty good. Ivory's gimmick has always been that it is the direct downgrade of the Ebony. Cypress idea looks jank because it encourages tunneling, I would personally add the Ebony requirement on top of that just so it's a bit healthier. Other than these minor nitpicks these changes would do a lot of good imo.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232687#Comment_1232687

    I think ebony but limited to 1 or 2 moris would be pretty good. Ivory's gimmick has always been that it is the direct downgrade of the Ebony. Cypress idea looks jank because it encourages tunneling, I would personally add the Ebony requirement on top of that just so it's a bit healthier. Other than these minor nitpicks these changes would do a lot of good imo.

    I wouldn't mind adding the Cypress and Ivory change you made to this, as the Cypress that I made could become harder to use than the original form as this Cypress can cause suicides on hook, but I could think of a way to make the Cypress an extremely weaker version of the Ebony... would the hook all survivors and have 1 be killable afterwards be good for cypress instead?

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232691#Comment_1232691

    I wouldn't mind adding the Cypress and Ivory change you made to this, as the Cypress that I made could become harder to use than the original form as this Cypress can cause suicides on hook, but I could think of a way to make the Cypress an extremely weaker version of the Ebony... would the hook all survivors and have 1 be killable afterwards be good for cypress instead?

    That sounds like a pretty good idea, I was just keeping in mind that most killers have 100s of these things stocked up so it wouldn't be wise to give them too powerful of an effect. Both of your ideas sound pretty good to me.