Strong pc but game lags and looks horrible?
I normally play on ps4 and i just got my upgraded pc today heres my specs.
Intel i9-9900kf 3.6 ghz
16gb ram
8gb nvram
Graphics card= Nvidia gtx2080 Super.
And i have a 4k monitor. Yet the game lags and looks worse then it does on my ps4 anyone have any advice id greatly appreciate it Thanks! Btw i can run other games like rainbow six siege overwatch ect on high framerate with no lag at all so if that helps and im on steam version.
Comments
It's not you, it's the horrible servers and coding in this game. I run a top tier Alienware gaming system and have zero issues with any other games I play. I play MMO's, online shooters, online strategy games with massive numbers/graphic requirements involved and I rarely have any form of lag, dragging, or latency issues. I play DBD and it is an absolute mess! Lag, yo-yo, latency, and outright disconnects galore. Heck, when I close the game out, I have to CTRL+Alt+Del and end the game process half the time because it won't fully close out.
This game is the weirdest thing to me. Amazing core concept that keeps you wanting to play. Absolute crap development, joke for balance, and a community that makes you lose hope in humanity. I actually find more encouragement dealing with the gang-bangers, pimps, and domestic terror-wanna-be's at work than I do in this community. lol
ah mk because like i watch people like ayrun and otz and the game looks pretty good for them but when im playing it on this computer which is pretty strong itself the game just looks bad and lags. unfortunate then.
The game isn't optimized at all. I don't know if their team is too small, or if they just don't have the people to do it. But, DBD has always had poor optimization. It melted the VRAM chips on my PS4 because it broke the fan, and I had to buy a new one. I just figured it was because the PS4 was old, but after buying a new one, it only took a few hours of playing DBD for the fan to sound like a jet engine. Which means the fan was breaking.
I imagine you'll encounter similar issues on PC. Granted, PCs tend to have much better cooling systems than the PS4 does, which sony cheaped out on.
The lag is from the dedicated servers; I don't know if their existing staff is learning networking engineering, or if they actually hired someone, but the dedicated servers run like garbage.
As for the graphics, they just aren't pre-rendered at a very high quality. I don't know if that's the right term, pre-rendered, but most games that look great have a team of people to refine the imagery and textures that are put onto objects. Sometimes it seems like DBD was made in MS Paint.
I have the same specs and the game looks good to me. Although I will say lately I've been getting little stutters in matches. For example when I'm running it will stop momentarily and then continue running. Or a slight hesitation when vaulting. I usually chalk it up to dedicated servers.
ah okay thanks yeah my pc is watercooled with multiple fans and even it sounds pretty bad when playing dbd sometimes while on other games i cant hear it at all (like rainbow six or overwatch)
ah mk guess im just playing the game then and the game looks just naturally bad lol thanks
Wow, that's crazy. I don't know, but I'd be wary of letting this game strain your PC. I mean, you do you, but it sounds like you have a nice setup, so it can't be your system.
I asked around on some game dev forums previously, and from what I understand DBDs issue might have something to do with not capping the framerates of certain particle effects, and something to do with autodesk scaleform, which i think is the utility they use to create the user interfaces. I guess it's been a problem in other games, like rocket league and one of the assassins creeds. It made sense to me, too, because the game is always making my fan louder on menus than it does in the actual game.
But gl! :D