PSA About NOED
After playing a couple hundred NOED games as survivor as of late, I have come to a very clear conclusion. Cleansing dull totems is not the best way to counter NOED. It takes 70 seconds for the cleansing animations alone which is nearly enough time to finish a gen. Instead of giving the killer a free gen, I suggest not healing and just pumping gens or if you want to go for saves NOED can always be cleansed after it has already applied to a hex. Cleansing dull totems just means the killer is getting max value from their NOED or in the worst case scenario the killer doesn't even have NOED and your team just wasted a whole gen's worth of time picking apart bones. If you like bp or use Inner Strength, cleansing the dull totems is still a very viable strat, but speaking optimally I suggest the other strategies I mentioned pertaining to countering NOED.
Comments
Some totem spots are hidden insanely well (mostly on indoor maps). Leaving the totems up gives you the chance to have NoED spawn on the totems you were able to find, instead of them spawning where you couldn't. Why is this a controversial opinion guys?
I run noed since the ruin need, because it totally punishes hard-core gen rushing. I've turned 1k into 4k with it. I don't typically play meta killers because I don't find it enjoyable, noed often levels the playing field for sure.