If you get network connection failure in a match are you supposed to get a temporary ban

I was playing a match on a Xbox one, and then I get a pop up saying, "No network connection." I got kicked to the main menu and I get a three minute ban from searching for a lobby. I don't know if that is supposed to happen, but if it is then I might as well not play the game.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It is. If you disconnect from a match for any reason, intentional or not, you will receive a penalty. This stops the system from being open to abuse, since the server can't tell the difference between, say, a network error and the player intentionally unplugging their internet to disconnect from the game. That's why the initial penalties are so low, to accommodate for the occasional bug or network error that isn't the player's fault and make sure they aren't punished too harshly for it.