I'm excited about the 3.7.0 update... and scared about things to come...
I play killer and survivor roughly 50/50 (killer when I'm solo, survivor usually when I have friends online). I think this new update is going to be great! For too long the maps have been survivor sided; they're massive and take too long to cross, as well providing a variety of god loops and potential infinites, etc. There's still the problem of visibility in the corn, but one thing at a time. This is definitely a step in the right direction.
Despite the maps being survivor orientated, I believe the feedback stats showed that killers generally get a 50%+ kill rate (i.e. more survivors die than escape). If you looked at those numbers alone, it's easy to conclude the game is already balanced... you have a 50/50 chance of getting out alive.
But the game isn't about escaping, it's about doing objectives, etc, and kills are easily acquired at the end due to NOED, etc.
Despite this, I believe that killers, as a whole, have had to step up their game a lot to get the stats to where they are. Playing killer, particularly at red ranks, is incredibly stressful. You're constantly having to think, strategise, consider possibilities... do I pick the survivor up now and risk a blind, or chase someone else... which gen do I run to and pop, etc? One wrong decision, particularly in choosing which gen to go for, can lose the game. Killer's have had it hard, and we've stepped up... whereas survivor's have had it too easy, and for the most part can commit multiple mistakes and still be successful.
Whilst I fully believe this update brings the maps back to being fairer in size and nature, my fear is that the killer's in general are operating at such a high level that the survivors will not cope any more, and will become completely decimated. And instead of stepping up their game and dealing with it, learning to loop better and strategise more, they'll end up complaining... and the stats will show more and more are dying... and my fear is that BHVR will somehow conclude that the killers are too strong, as opposed to the survivor's just not implementing good enough strategy. And we'll have a reversal where killers are nerfed again in some manner (or suvivors get yet another buff) instead of the survivor's being left to whine and being forced to "git gud"
Comments
At first killers will kill more inexperienced survivors but they will learn lol they always do this is good for the long run it’s just like the ruin nerf... that was horrible for the short term but better for the long run I’m happy about these changes and will definitely go back to playing killer and survivor 50/50 although swf will still dominate it’ll be a lot less frustrating
thats how liv game works once survivors are nrfed once killers are
I agree wholeheartedly I hope the changes stay and we all adapt as is. That being said hope the pallets are the same as well I don't like it too easy. I've seen PTB games where there is like 5 pallets max and I think that's broken. 25 pallets is ridiculous but anything less then 10 is really bad for survivors.