Personal thanks to the Devs.
Dear BHVR Devs,
Latelast year, this game was in trouble, and falling off my radar. There were personal conditions for me to keep playing this game. Here's a brief, contrived list of what I posted somewhere on the internet awhile ago, and the results. Further below is a detailed personal thank you for fixing my perceived issues (and also my feelings, not yours, so go away if youre not a dev tyvm)
-I asked for a gun, you gave our Killer arsenal a Greener Mk. 2 with chains instead of fishing line...and it comes with a cowboy hat, oh wow
-I asked for doors, you gave me door *holes* with a new kind of door-shaped pallet bolted over it...wow that's way more fun than hinges
-I asked you to stop taking in so much community feedback, you sent out some surveys a month ago or so and this month I see nothing but complaints on this forum (from many of whom im presumably labeling as terrible people/players who don't understand this game's nuances) giving me an impression there is now less community dev impact, wow the salt is real and I use it every day
-I asked for cross platform play, including pc vs console, and it's on the roadmap. (also pc vs pc is live ######### precursor to the new standard in multiplayer gaming salty people please shut up about unfair pc vs console arguments, it is fair because you did it to yourself buying a PC and/or console, so hush)
-I asked for a crafting system to address a build up of browns and yellows items/addons. additionally, Ispecified a desire to see "metal snips" for the sabotage boxes, or similar effect. You didn't give me or anyone else the crafting system, but the new item system eats up my ######### addons and now all toolboxes can snip a book in 2.5 seconds. I'll miss the sub-game of fielding the hooks, that was the closest thing to a 3d minesweeper, but owow I finally spent my last brown flashlight battery and it's like I had a hoarding problem that went away. Wow with a capital W.
-I asked for more Pallets & Hooks, and over time you continue to deliver, BHVR wow. I read all those upcoming map changes, and I can't wait for more unsafe pallets, srsly. Those moments are thrilling. Long ago, unsafe pallets were not necessarily procedurally unsafe, which made them unfun. Nowadays, it sounds like I'm being purposefully set up to fail, with a smol sliver of opportunity to succeed. Now, that's surviving! Not like this subsisting nampypamby double pallet next to long wall window nonsense.
-I asked for Jason, but that's not happening this week. Or next week. Probably not the week after either. Man, itd sure be great to have Jason for the summer of 2020, but that might not happen either. I certainly could BHVR totally responsible for my feelings, but I'm not going to cuz BHVR is really giving it to me with those new door holes.
**Thanks BHVR. You really make a singular player feel like one player can still be heard in a crowd of so many. All while delivering your signature with these upcoming packages. Keep up the great work. **
-Speaking of map reworks, I feel like the community doesn't thank you enough. I mean damn, kids, BHVR is retooling ironworks, and yet I'm still reading quantities of audacious posts about how unfair literally anything is in this game. Literally, Ironworks, and you're still not happy, really? Nothing pleases you, so maybe that's what you should get instead, but BHVR has found it within their good graces to work from home and deliver you IRONWORKS circa 2020.
O wow BHVR, just wow. Given the mixed culture of end user experiences, given the historical society and expansions in various mechanics, I can confidently say, it sounds like BHVR knows what it's doing (mostly).
With love,
Pallets & Hooks
Comments