How would y'all feel if...

speed debuff perks like Dying Light and Thanatophobia also affected Hex Totems? It'd give the killer more of a chance of a chance to defend the totems and keep them up for longer. The debuff won't apply to regular totems though.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • It wouldn't make that much of a difference because cleanse times are pretty short and both Perks don't make that much of a difference on gen repairs already. Wouldn't be against it, wouldn't cheer for it either.

  • I wouldn't mind if that were the case. I just want totems to not reset when cleaning is interrupted. It's so annoying...

  • @Dolls said:

    I wouldn't mind if that were the case. I just want totems to not reset when cleaning is interrupted. It's so annoying...

    If they didn't it would make defending them impossible.

    Ex: Someone is on a totem (hopefully you noticed quickly enough because it only takes 16 seconds to cleanse it).

    You run to the totem in 10 seconds and chase them off, now you only have 6 seconds remaining on the totem meaning you realistically cannot protect it again if you move away. Heck as you take a few steps away that pesky survivor dashed behind you and got 2 more seconds on the totem, you now only have 4 seconds remaining...

    While I understand you find it annoying that totems reset, it would be even more annoying to make protecting a totem completely useless. And if a killer is protecting a totem with such reckless abandon (as for you to not be able to cleanse it in 16 seconds) you can instead spend that time on a generator since the killer is preoccupied in another spot.

  • Now that ruin is reworked and cleansing hex totems isn't absolutely nessasery to progress the trial as a survivor anymore (unless the hex is devour hope), I'm not against this idea as long as the speed debuff doesn't stack with thrill of the hunt.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I wouldn't be against it since both perks are garbage anyways, but I think they both need more than that.

    Dying Light in particular needs a massive rework. The perk most of the time is literally a liability and only a benefit to the survivor team by giving someone a free rank 3 Botany Knowledge, unless you're playing Plague and maybe Legion.

    I mean, if we're going by this logic, then Iron Maiden should get reworked cause it only benefits Huntress.

  • Uhh, that'd be fine i guess.

    It'd be fine cause it'd almost make no difference.

    A Perk Level III Thanatophobia with all 4 injured would result in ~2 more seconds.