Opinion of a new player.

I understand every game has its flaws, and I'm really not a good person to decide this type of thing, but the matchmaking system seems very flawed. I've mainly played the game as a killer, as I find that it is just more fun for me in general. Now, I am by no means a good player of the game. I'm fairly new, only player level 33, and have pretty much no fantastic perks as I only have the OG killers, so the game is limited for me as well. As of right now, I'm rank 10-11 as a killer and nearly every game I get put against 1-2 red ranks very consistently and I've had multiple games with all red ranks. Simply trying to play and test new characters is such a chore when it's impossible to even actually play. I might sound whiny and will be scoffed at by most people, but the game is super punishing to new players and it's hard to even learn how to play no matter how many guides or videos you watch when you can't do anything that they say.

20200411005442_1.jpg


Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • I'm currently rank 10 on killer and rank 10 on survivor, so I have tried out both spectrums, and both are fun in their own right. I haven't truly experienced unbalanced gameplay, except for when the skill level is so obviously biased on one side. As a survivor I match with rank 15-20 players very consistently, even with a full squad of 10 and lower. This generally just makes the game not fun for either side. I just feel like measures could be taken to try and ensure more balanced matching of ranks.

  • Welcome to the game, the matchmaking issues have been around for a while. Don't get discouraged... it is actually really good you got players like that instead of toxic ones... Entity knows there are a lot of those... Just try to have fun.

  • Yeah I suppose I am fortunate in that right. It just makes new players feel so helpless when they can't do anything. I've had my share of toxic players on both sides and it's obviously annoying, but it's honestly rare for me.

  • This content has been removed.
  • That is, unfortunately, just the nature of the game right now. A few months back the Devs changed Survive With Friends matchmaking so only the highest-ranked player would be taken into account (because people were having low-rank friends join so they could bully low-rank survivors). Then they just did a bunch of stuff that culminated in a huge amount of people just not playing killer any more and now it takes ages to find a match as survivor (in peak times) and the killer is almost always green/purple/yellow rank.

    Also, I picked up the game back when Ghostface came out, so I understand your pain as a new player. You literally have to train yourself to learn a bunch of tiles, a couple dozen maps, and an insane number of perks and perk synergies. Sometimes I wish killer had as much HUD info as survivor just so new people don't have to memorise so much, especially in the role thats already naturally harder.