Lobbies have been completely ######### for high ranks since the launch of the emblem system.

Today alone I've been lobbying for 3 hours as a rank 2 killer.

I've restarted my game, PC and my router. I've left my lobby afk for an hour while I went out. I came back to not even an end game screen. I've made lunch, I'll probably be able to go out to a concert tonight and still not have found a game by the time I get back.

A lot of the people on my friends list have had to create alt accounts to play the game, some of them have had to migrate to smurfing to stream the game for their content.

This, as far as anyone that I know can recognise, only started to occur after the emblem system was implemented, making it harder for survivors to rank whilst making killers easier to rank, culminating in killers not being able to play the game in high ranks due to the difficulty of survivors being able to reach ranks that have the high rank killers.

BHVR hasn't addressed lobbying issues. They haven't tweaked the ranking system since a few tweaks to emblems around the Clown launch.

A percentage of the playerbase cannot currently access 50% of the game, due to the disparity of pla

Comments

  • Are you the same knoblin I played against?

    Anyway the emblem system did ######### over lobbies in Australia. It takes so long to find lobbies as a killer, I feel like I'm either forced to not rank up or play survivor. It sucks.
  • @Mc_Harty said:
    Are you the same knoblin I played against?

    Anyway the emblem system did [BAD WORD] over lobbies in Australia. It takes so long to find lobbies as a killer, I feel like I'm either forced to not rank up or play survivor. It sucks.

    Ey it's Mcharty.

    Yeah it completely ######### them sadly.

  • @Mc_Harty said:
    Are you the same knoblin I played against?

    Anyway the emblem system did [BAD WORD] over lobbies in Australia. It takes so long to find lobbies as a killer, I feel like I'm either forced to not rank up or play survivor. It sucks.

    Ey it's Mcharty.

    Yeah it completely ######### them sadly.

  • It's because survivors that gen rush end up screwing themselves out of Evader and Benevolence points. Go ahead, play a game as survivor super immersed and just do gens and leave. You will get gold LB at best if your whole team does it too, iri Unbroken, but no Bene and maybe bronze Evader if the killer hung around you enough. That's always going to be a safety pip.

    Killers rank up fast because it's easy to 2 pip when you get bad survivors, or when you get blessed by RNG sometimes. Games where I 4k is almost always a 2 pip, if not very close to it. Hell, I've dropped survs on the hatch and still 2 pip.

    Survivors need to not rush the game because it depips everyone but maybe 1 guy that did the most gens. When I was going through purple ranks, but as killer and survivor, these survivors just run to gens and do them as fast as they can. It's why DS is annoying to killers because when you chase that guy the other 3 just rush the game. But escaping like that isn't a win. You can make up a story about how you play how you want or you have your own goals, and no. A win in this game is a pip/2 pip. At rank 1 you can also consider a safety pip a win since you don't need pips at that point anyway. A depip is a loss. Trust me, I play NM I die as survivor like 95% of the time, but I can still pip in majority of my games because I'm playing for emblem points. I rush 1 gen by myself for silver LB and then work to make sure 2 gens are done so someone can hatch. I play for 2 saves/heals. I can do really silly things to the killer in a chase, because I'm playing to die where most survivors play to live, and get the chase to last about 60 seconds for easy silver Evader, then just let killer take my hook. If my team doesn't rush the game and it last 10 minutes, I can die and still get silver Unbroken. In those games I am guaranteed a pip because I will have 3 silver emblems and 1 gold in Bene because I will throw myself at the hook. I died, so what, still pipped. If it's a really long game I can get 3 iri emblems, die with silver Unbroken, and that's a 2 pip right there. That's a win by definition, I ranked up.

  • @knoblin said:
    Today alone I've been lobbying for 3 hours as a rank 2 killer.

    I've restarted my game, PC and my router. I've left my lobby afk for an hour while I went out. I came back to not even an end game screen. I've made lunch, I'll probably be able to go out to a concert tonight and still not have found a game by the time I get back.

    A lot of the people on my friends list have had to create alt accounts to play the game, some of them have had to migrate to smurfing to stream the game for their content.

    This, as far as anyone that I know can recognise, only started to occur after the emblem system was implemented, making it harder for survivors to rank whilst making killers easier to rank, culminating in killers not being able to play the game in high ranks due to the difficulty of survivors being able to reach ranks that have the high rank killers.

    BHVR hasn't addressed lobbying issues. They haven't tweaked the ranking system since a few tweaks to emblems around the Clown launch.

    A percentage of the playerbase cannot currently access 50% of the game, due to the disparity of pla

    My suggestion:
    Derank before you hit the high ranks. This way you dont need an alt account.
    Now its kinda hard to derank though since you have problems finding games, keep in mind that a DC should grant you 2 depips (or did they change that?) while afking only gives you 1 depip now