The Biggest Trapper Brain: Unrelenting and Agitation Clutch

I got a four man SWF team, determined on bullying me with flashlights. Three flashlights, one purple flashlight with a Pink addon and a yellow addon, one medkit, on Rotting Fields

I'm running some pretty outta meta perks, because I haven't leveled Trapper for a good three years since his power was able to be sabotaged. With those changes reverted and his power having less ability to be bullied. So I was stuck with Bitter Murmur, Unrelenting, Brutal Strength, and Agitation. While not necessarily weak perks (with the exception of Unrelenting arguably) they are far from the current meta of things, and lag behind in terms of strength.

Anyway, I'm sweating, all my traps are getting disabled, AND I have an Object of Obsession, which is what gives Trapper Mains nightmares. I'm in a bad spot. So I figured, these people are looking for Flashlight saves... I'll give it to them.

I played to the strength of Unrelenting and Agitation; I took ambitious swings, I was careful not to overcommit so to loose them, but I knew the punish for missing wasn't going to be so bad. I forced a large amount of pallets in the early game out with Unrelenting, got two people on their last hooks, slugged a bit, but played fair overall in terms of a Trapper having very few useful traps.

When it was safe to pick up, after baiting for a save, I would let Agitation do the work; Agitation makes me a bit faster than survivors, and with Unrelenting, I'm able to really go for swings while carrying someone I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. While dangerous, as I didn't have Lightborn, I knew that if I picked someone up and they tried to flashlight that I avoided, I could just walk up, avoid the stun, and smack them. They're usually trying these stunts injured as well.

Last gen of the game, got one kill out, and I saw the Object messing around with the dead tree. I went to investigate as the three gens on my side were untouched, close, and all my traps were on that side of the map. So with two traps on hand, I head over. He already disarmed the trap I set at the loop in the tall grass, so I did a quick reset, and as I walked away, another guy stepped on the trap. I realized then that all three were there at the loop. After downing him, I knew the other two were nearby. I slugged and chased. But I knew if I chased as an M1, there'd be no luck, and eventually they would pick him up and run off, making it harder. So I decided to take a risk: I picked up the Jake.

They flashlight stunned me, but I smacked the second Jake, and picked them up looking at the wall. They nearly got me stunned, but I managed to recover, and I marched straight toward a Mask Meg. She kept trying to stun me with the flashlight, which let me zoom at her and smack her down. I hook the Jake, reset a trap near the vault point, and pick up the Meg.

I knew the Second Jake would immediately go for the save as soon as I picked up the Meg, so I high-tail it to the hook (which was right on the loop they were using) and catch the Steve during a save. I smack him down, hook the Meg, and chase my final kill. Though I didn't need to chase far, as the Steve who was unhooked stepped right on the trap I put on the vault point in the loop.

Needless to say, my big brain energy expanded tenfold after that match.

Comments