wifi or hardline?
Do you wifi or hardline for multiplayer games?
I will always go with hardline over wifi.
Tagged:
Trusted
Do you wifi or hardline for multiplayer games?
I will always go with hardline over wifi.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Ethernet. Always.
Ethernet isn't really an option for me because the router is on the other side of the house, so I use one of those little USB receivers. I'm lucky I live in the same city as the local server.
who is your provider ๐ค...my download speeds is nowhere near that...
Spectrum. There's a server base 2 blocks from my house.
And yes, I'm also lucky.
would it be possible to run a 100ft cable to the router ๐... my ps4 is less than a few feet from my router, but my pc is on the otherside. I tried a wifi usb connector but i wasn't happy with the loss of packets...i just opted to get a 50 ft cable instead ๐...
There are doors and hallways and stuff in the way, so not really unfortunately. Still, the connection is actually more stable than it sounds, I usually have a consistent ping of about 30 in DBD.
as long as you have a stable connection ๐๐๐... i've noticed my friend's houses that are older seem to be problematic for wifi, even older apartments. I've always had no luck with wifi ๐ญ
I'm very curious about hit boxes/latency and hardline vs wifi... i lean towards one perspective but am open to inputs...
Wifi. Hardline would have costed more to install.
It can depend on layout as well, since wifi signals have trouble travelling through solid objects (like walls).
In my opinion, Wifi is a) too unreliable, b) too unsecure, and c) a friend of mine is a biologist who researches the effects of wifi and cell phone connections on the human body. And she told me some weeks ago, that she woulndt have wifi in a house with small children with a developing brain. And mine are 5 and one year old. (Although she said those results are in no way confirmed and some studys come to a different result. But why take the risk if i dont like wifi anyway.)